Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 am

Incidentally, how would you vote if you were a member of the Conservative party ?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:26 am

I'd petition the Queen to abolish Parliament and start over.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 am

Ah, so you want a Labour government.
Anyone going to actually answer the question I posed?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:32 am

I’d consistently vote to make Britain more like America, until it was America Jr.

Because that would be the Britain I’d be most comfortable in.

What kind of Britain are your recent immigrants in favor of?
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:07 am

Well I don't know, I think once we are out countries are no longer going to want to accept the EU regulations on trade which now form part of the deals we have with them. Bleached chicken and growth hormone beef being the most quoted examples. Trade deal negotiations are never easy and they are definitely never quick.
They’re quicker than this Brexit nonsense.
Let's hope, for the sake of Mrs GCF, that your preference for a quick outcome over that of a satisfactory conclusion is not also your lovemaking philosophy. ;)
The amount of "catastrophising" that is going on over Trump... I mean, over Brexit... Is astounding.

"If we don't have a deal then Brexit will leave us without ever having any trade deals *ever* again!!! We'll be like... Like... North Korea, where the Americans have forced world sanctions on the UK and we can't import anything! We'll have to illegally smuggle in coal from China and oil from Iran to survive!!!"

"If Trump, errr Brexit, happens the death camps will open and the racist, fascist, bigoted, xenophobic deplorables that voted for Trump, errr Brexit damnit, will be rounding up ethnic minorities and executing them! "

Seriously, it's so over the top as to be ridiculous. "OMG, we'll be forced to eat bleached chicken and BGH beef!" - uh, you do realize we can buy organic beef/chicken here in the US too, right? Sure, it's at a higher price, but I'm sure they'd export it to the UK, in fact more demand might get more farmers/ranchers to go that way, increasing supply and lowering prices...

Yes, Brexit will probably cause some short-term pain. So will breaking your leg. You suck it up and deal with it, that's how life works. In the long run I think (and apparently so did Brexit voters) you'll be better off not strapped to the hip of the clusterfuck that is the EU.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:43 am

No one going to answer?
I can get all the preaching I need by going to Church.
What I was looking for was opinions on how you would vote in the confidence vote.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 am
Incidentally, how would you vote if you were a member of the Conservative party ?
I would vote to oust May and hard brexit. She quite obviously had no intention of actually "negotiating" in the first place - she was a remainer after all - rather than coming into "negotiations" from a position of strength, she basically pulled up her skirt, bent over, and said "give me your offer, don't give up anything, and I won't fight it".

That's not how "negotiation" works.
Last edited by Ph64 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 am

I'd vote pro-American.
Which side is that in the confidence vote?
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 am

Ph64 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 am
I would vote to oust May and hard brexit. She quite obviously had no intention of actually "negotiating" in the first place - she was a remainer after all - rather than coming into "negotiations" from a position of strength, she basically pulled up her skirt, bent over, and said "give me your offer, don't give up anything, and I won't fight it".
Hard Brexit is not one of the choices in a no-confidence vote.
Strictly speaking, neither is ousting May but thanks for trying.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:50 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 am
I'd vote pro-American.
Which side is that in the confidence vote?
:think:
Not an option either.
As a Conservative MP a pro-America vote is extremely unpatriotic.