Brexit

Speaker to Animals

Re: Brexit

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am

No, we just recognize the difference between trade and offshoring. Derpa derpa doo!

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:33 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:46 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 am
Do you know what a no deal Brexit means?
It means all trade deals are off with everyone, not just the EU.
Lolz Monte - calm down and have a fucking cupcake. How long do you think the EU can go without the GB's market? And you really think the GB can't support itself with internal trade?

Dam it - start acting like the Englishman you claimed to be. Are you really pets of the EU? Unable to take care of yourselves?

Does GB not have the skill set and fortitude to sustain itself?
Fuck it, I'm going to quote the milk snatcher on globalisation again
There is no alternative
Want to live in a country with no international trade? you could try North Korea I suppose but even they get their coal from China.
Give me a country which supports itself on internal trade only...
I've got all day so I don't mind waiting.

:violence-smack:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:33 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:46 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 am
Do you know what a no deal Brexit means?
It means all trade deals are off with everyone, not just the EU.
Lolz Monte - calm down and have a fucking cupcake. How long do you think the EU can go without the GB's market? And you really think the GB can't support itself with internal trade?

Dam it - start acting like the Englishman you claimed to be. Are you really pets of the EU? Unable to take care of yourselves?

Does GB not have the skill set and fortitude to sustain itself?
Fuck it, I'm going to quote the milk snatcher on globalisation again
There is no alternative
Want to live in a country with no international trade? you could try North Korea I suppose but even they get their coal from China.
Give me a country which supports itself on internal trade only...
I've got all day so I don't mind waiting.
Not trading with the EU for a while does not mean you lose all international trade.

Buck up buttercup.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:07 am

Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:24 am

Sure, that's what he was saying a year ago, however last week he said that May's exit deal would make a trade deal with the UK very difficult.
Trump is very good on big sweeping statements but not so good on the fine details. When it comes to something as complex as a US-UK trade deal it is hard to take anything he says seriously.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:51 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:24 am
Sure, that's what he was saying a year ago, however last week he said that May's exit deal would make a trade deal with the UK very difficult.
Trump is very good on big sweeping statements but not so good on the fine details. When it comes to something as complex as a US-UK trade deal it is hard to take anything he says seriously.
No doubt.

My reason for posting it was more to support the point that the UK needed to renegotiate non-EU trade deals post-Brexit, at all. Regardless of Trump's words, logically speaking there would be no sense in May and Trump having a meeting on post-Brexit trade deals, if post-Brexit trade deals weren't needed at all. Trump may be full on senile, but he did have a chief of staff at the time, who probably wouldn't have wanted him to meet for post-Brexit trade deals if it didn't matter to the nature of already existing US-UK trade deals that they were made when the UK was part of the EU.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:07 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:51 am
Montegriffo wrote:
No doubt.

My reason for posting it was more to support the point that the UK needed to renegotiate non-EU trade deals post-Brexit, at all. Regardless of Trump's words, logically speaking there would be no sense in May and Trump having a meeting on post-Brexit trade deals, if post-Brexit trade deals weren't needed at all. Trump may be full on senile, but he did have a chief of staff at the time, who probably wouldn't have wanted him to meet for post-Brexit trade deals if it didn't matter to the nature of already existing US-UK trade deals that they were made when the UK was part of the EU.
Well I don't know, I think once we are out countries are no longer going to want to accept the EU regulations on trade which now form part of the deals we have with them. Bleached chicken and growth hormone beef being the most quoted examples. Trade deal negotiations are never easy and they are definitely never quick.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:07 am
BjornP wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

No doubt.

Well I don't know, I think once we are out countries are no longer going to want to accept the EU regulations on trade which now form part of the deals we have with them. Bleached chicken and growth hormone beef being the most quoted examples. Trade deal negotiations are never easy and they are definitely never quick.
They’re quicker than this Brexit nonsense.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:07 am
BjornP wrote:

No doubt.

They’re quicker than this Brexit nonsense.
Let's hope, for the sake of Mrs GCF, that your preference for a quick outcome over that of a satisfactory conclusion is not also your lovemaking philosophy. ;)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 am

The thing is, continentals do not want to lose access to that market without tariffs anyway. I think this is a kind of fake diplomatic war between globalists who want to murder Brexit in its tracks.

The ruling pitical class of the UK and the technocrats in Brussels are basically the sane team, with the same corporate sponsers and everything. It's such a farce.