Brexit

Smitty-48

Re: Brexit

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I'm getting your point about Putin not being all powerful and Russia being fucked up, but it is disingenuous to suggest he has no power over the populace and the fact that Russia is weak makes them more dangerous not less. That last point is one you made yourself elsewhere, if I am remembering it correctly.
No power at all over the mob, the way Putin maintains the illusion of power, is simply by declining to try to execute anything at all, and thus be exposed as being totally impotent, Putin is making you think he is driving the bus, by simply letting the bus careen all over the place without trying to steer it, and then fronting as if that was where he meant for the bus to go all along.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Ok. The floor's yours, Not really one of my subjects anyway. I'm going to see if I can say something stupid enough in Earth Matters to learn something from Otern.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:25 pm

The bus is dangerous, very dangerous indeed, because it is a bus with 8,000 thermonuclear warheads, but the danger therein, is that nobody is actually steering it, thus, the bus full of nukes, could careen aimlessly into a vortex of escalatory catastrophe, at any moment by default.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:58 pm

I'm confusing power with danger then? Showing my bias as it were.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I'm confusing power with danger then? Showing my bias as it were.
Precisely. Power is exercising control, but Putin is not in control, that is dangerous, but the danger flows from the power vacuum therein. All Putin has, is the Russian tiger by the tail.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Stoned Cold Gary Johnson
How the fuck did this never occur to me?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:23 am

Britain will become a “beacon of global free trade” and create nearly 400,000 new jobs if it quits the customs union as part of the Brexit negotiations, it has been suggested.

An analysis by Change Britain, a group with the backing of Michael Gove, said that leaving the European Union’s customs union and striking trade agreements with just eight foreign countries will create hundreds of thousands of jobs in manufacturing and service industries.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegrap ... talks/amp/

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:08 pm

I heard this morning that applications to Spain and Portugal for citizenship by Jews in Britain has skyrocketed as Jewish descendants of people who fled those countries during the inquisition attempt to keep one foot in the UK and one in the EU.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Sephardic Jews yes. They've been in England trouble free since then.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Sephardic Jews yes. They've been in England trouble free since then.
You'd think they'd be a little more certain about where they wanted to be. Kinda fucked up to be fickle like that.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751