Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Brexit is hard. Nobody told us that before the referendum.

Re-negotiating trade deals with 27 countries each one of which could veto the deal has proved too much for the Tory leadership.

All the studies have shown that a no-deal Brexit would be catastrophic for the economy so a deal must be made.

Chances are we are going to have a new PM soon so let's see how that goes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Re-negotiating trade deals with 27 countries each one of which could veto the deal has proved too much for the Tory leadership.

All the studies have shown that a no-deal Brexit would be catastrophic for the economy so a deal must be made.

What studies and by who? Pro-Globalists? You mean to say that no one will want to trade with GB? Or that GB can't find a way to replace what its gets from Euroweenies? For fuck sake...what happened to England?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Hey look, I'm as disappointed as everyone else that Brexit is dead in the water.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:09 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 pm

What studies and by who? Pro-Globalists? You mean to say that no one will want to trade with GB? Or that GB can't find a way to replace what its gets from Euroweenies? For fuck sake...what happened to England?

They sacrificed their alpha male genetics in the trenches of WW1, and what was left of them after that got culled in WW2.

I swear to God, every time I watch British television, the men are basically like women.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Why am I seeing stories about Theresa May delaying a vote on Brexit?

Didn't that vote already happen?

Or . . . did the plebs choose wrong, so now they'll be re-voting it until they get the "right" answer?

Sad.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:20 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm
Why am I seeing stories about Theresa May delaying a vote on Brexit?

Didn't that vote already happen?

Or . . . did the plebs choose wrong, so now they'll be re-voting it until they get the "right" answer?

Sad.
Due to Parliamentary supremacy, the Brexit plan worked out behind closed doors between the govt' and EU has to be passed in the Commons.
The deal was so poor that it was going to be turned down flat so to save her job the PM has postponed it until further notice so she can prostrate her self before the EU in the hope of getting concessions which will ensure the bill passes.
It's not a dignified look but that never really stopped the Tories before.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Looks like you're out, plan or not, come March.
So . . . she should probably just bide her time.
Be like "We have a plan right here, but my esteemed MPs have decided Britain will fare better if we just hit the pavement cold in a few months. So . . . you know, remember that the next time you're casting a vote on your way home from the bread lines"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:38 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm
Looks like you're out, plan or not, come March.
So . . . she should probably just bide her time.
Be like "We have a plan right here, but my esteemed MPs have decided Britain will fare better if we just hit the pavement cold in a few months. So . . . you know, remember that the next time you're casting a vote on your way home from the bread lines"
Nope. We are damned to exist in EU purgatory neither fully out nor fully in until it is worked out.
No deal Brexit has been ruled out by all parties except UKIP.
Since they have gone neo-nazi by inviting Tommy Robinson into the fold they are now deader than a Norwegian Blue Parrot so no longer have any relevance.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:43 pm

How does that work?

Can't the EU just say "Seeya Britain"?

Britain: "I say ol' chap, we haven't agreed to a no-deal exit."

EU: "Not.Our. Fucking. Problem. Adios."

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:43 pm
How does that work?

Can't the EU just say "Seeya Britain"?

Britain: "I say ol' chap, we haven't agreed to a no-deal exit."

EU: "Not.Our. Fucking. Problem. Adios."
You think the EU want us to leave?