Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:19 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:03 pm

1. You can fully control your own food standards even after pulling out of the EU. In fact, if you are so concerned about US food, you could help everyone by just not buying from us. We'd have to change end product or lose out.

2. Unemployment rates are crap. Employment rates are more telling.
UK total workers 32.4M, population 65.6...………... 32.4/65.6= 49.3%
US employment rate is 60.8%

You might want to reconsider bringing folks in.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlab ... vember2018
Really Carlus?
That method takes no account of those retired, too young or not looking for work (housewives etc).

Absolutely...…….. it is the rate that better describes how many people your society and working people have to provide for. When you get under 50%, you are getting into trouble, because you have more people as non producers, than those providing for society. Healthy societies are at or above 70%
That looks like a good argument for allowing young migrant workers to join your workforce to help pay the cost of an ageing demographic. Who is going to pay my pension as more and more British workers reach retirement age and fewer younger Brits join the workforce due to falling birthrates amongst the native population? Bear in mind that most EU migrants come to this country to work for a short period of time then go home, providing us with more in revenue than they take in benefits.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Well, we revolted violently when we were under the thumb of Global Mercantilists rather than be forced to buy goods through the crown. I submit you could do the same.

If the UK is so concerned about food quality perhaps they could take control of their own food standards ? Not rely on the EU ?
I fear that without EU regulations, on many things, that ''free markets'' ie money, will set the standards. This is why I support a tax on pollution and regulations on things like plastic straws. I don't think people will act against their own financial self-interests for the benefit of all if left to choose by themselves.

If you didn't have to comply with regulations to ensure your car is safe to drive would you keep it up to the standards necessary to comply with those regulations anyway? Would you find the money needed to do it if you were struggling for cash or would you just risk your own safety and that of others because no one forced you to and there were no penalties for not doing it?
I guess we're just really different.
Freedom is a little messy, and I'm good with that.

What I don't get with what you've outlined is why you think bureaucrats and elites are going to take steps in the best interest of the people, if the people can't be trusted to act in their own best interest ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:28 pm

How hard would it have fucking been to engineer a baby boom in Europe? Not hard. Not hard at all. Fuck, Hitler did it. America did it. It ie not hard at all to get White people, or fuck it, English people or French people or Swedish people whatever to reproduce. What did we get instead? I'll tell you what have gotten. Broken homes, cheating women, condoms and birth control. Bra-fucking-oh. You are so "enlightened" and liberal now. Oh, but look around the corner! Now you need immigrants to secure your plush lifestyle!

This whole thing could have been done differently, with respect to the people that fought and bled for their nations. Yes, White people are easily social engineered. What have we gotten after WWII? Nothing.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:41 pm

I'm thinking about what policies we should enact if we truly want a more environmentally sound planet, safer lives for people, etc.

I'd probably have to start with the big killers in the modern world, the big polluters and the most dangerous lifestyles to people.

We'd have to kill cars. Too many deaths. Plus the fuel not being used, would be environmentally sound. Definitely no vacations by car, train, plane or ship. Too wasteful.

Most all air flight in the digital age could be curbed down to nothing. No reason for most people to fly. Hire locally, train people locally to do the jobs. Politicians and entertainers do not need to fly. The worlds space programs aren't giving us much, trim that don't to basics.

Homosexual, Transgender folks and drug users have the most dangerous lifestyles. Outlaw all of it, they clearly can't be trusted to make the best choices on their own. Football, both American and Euro have to go too.

Cell phones need to go, pretty frivolous, too many resources being used making them for what amounts to entertainment most of the time.

Those are the first things that come to mind.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Well, we revolted violently when we were under the thumb of Global Mercantilists rather than be forced to buy goods through the crown. I submit you could do the same.

If the UK is so concerned about food quality perhaps they could take control of their own food standards ? Not rely on the EU ?
I fear that without EU regulations, on many things, that ''free markets'' ie money, will set the standards. This is why I support a tax on pollution and regulations on things like plastic straws. I don't think people will act against their own financial self-interests for the benefit of all if left to choose by themselves.

If you didn't have to comply with regulations to ensure your car is safe to drive would you keep it up to the standards necessary to comply with those regulations anyway? Would you find the money needed to do it if you were struggling for cash or would you just risk your own safety and that of others because no one forced you to and there were no penalties for not doing it?
I guess we're just really different.
Freedom is a little messy, and I'm good with that.

What I don't get with what you've outlined is why you think bureaucrats and elites are going to take steps in the best interest of the people, if the people can't be trusted to act in their own best interest ?
Because people act selfishly in their own short-term interests rather than acting for the long-term benefit of all.
We are evolutionally motivated to act that way so it takes an outside influence to make us act in a socially responsible manner.
High fuel taxes in France demonstrate this very well. 90% of the French believe in the catastrophic potential of climate change but will set fire to cars in the street when asked to pay for the pollution they cause themselves.

...and with that return to the topic at hand, I shall retire to bed because it is fast approaching 4 am in the land of the Iceni.
Thanks for the civil debate guys, it's nice to disagree without resorting to gratuitous name calling and blatant straw-manning.
There is hope for this place yet...

edit- wrong thread for a return to that topic in hand. I thought this was the France on fire thread.

Brexit sucks - there, fixed it.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Most modern politicians greatly build their wealth while in office.
BHO for example never really had any money, but left the whitehouse with a networth of around $50 Million, so I get what you are saying about people acting selfishly in the short term.

I'm just not convinced that politician acting selfishly in the short term, is making the best decisions for me in the long term.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 pm
Most modern politicians greatly build their wealth while in office.
BHO for example never really had any money, but left the whitehouse with a networth of around $50 Million, so I get what you are saying about people acting selfishly in the short term.

I'm just not convinced that politician acting selfishly in the short term, is making the best decisions for me in the long term.
I guess it all depends on the quality of the politicians you elect.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:38 pm

SHTF today.
Admitting that she knew her exit plan, agreed with the EU, was not going to pass in the Commons. PM May withdrew this week's ''meaningful vote''.
This resulted in a hastily convened discussion in Parliament where her plan was soundly dismissed from all the benches including fellow Tories.
May's new plan is to go back to the EU to get further concessions.
The EU responded by saying no single issue (such as the NI backstop) could be re-negotiated without re-negotiating everything.
The European Court of Justice (Not an EU court) has also ruled issued an emergency ruling this morning that under EU law, the UK was able to unilaterally halt the article 50 process without seeking permission from the other 27 members of the EU.

So here we are, after two and a half years of nothing but Brexit from our elected politicians, back to square one.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:38 pm
SHTF today.
Admitting that she knew her exit plan, agreed with the EU, was not going to pass in the Commons. PM May withdrew this week's ''meaningful vote''.
This resulted in a hastily convened discussion in Parliament where her plan was soundly dismissed from all the benches including fellow Tories.
May's new plan is to go back to the EU to get further concessions.
The EU responded by saying no single issue (such as the NI backstop) could be re-negotiated without re-negotiating everything.
The European Court of Justice (Not an EU court) has also ruled issued an emergency ruling this morning that under EU law, the UK was able to unilaterally halt the article 50 process without seeking permission from the other 27 members of the EU.

So here we are, after two and a half years of nothing but Brexit from our elected politicians, back to square one.
It's a good thing you have those Bureaucrats in charge acting in your long term benefit.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Are you Brits? or are you Euroweenies? At least the fucking French know how to reign in their politicians.