Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am

I suspect that my strategy of never reading any of his posts frustrates the fuck out of him.
I'm going with that.
It's not like I'm going to miss any salient points about the issues I discuss. CF has no points when he responds to me. It's just the same old "joke".
That's why I am still prepared to talk to you and StA despite the abuse.
Trying to suggest that I'm thin skinned is demonstrable balderdash. I'm still here aren't I?
How many thin skinned people would even post in a bear pit like this?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:28 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am
I suspect that my strategy of never reading any of his posts frustrates the fuck out of him.
Wishful thinking is a helluva drug.

Even if it did though, it just results in more insults hurled your way, so if your goal is to be called a pedo less, you are going about it the wrong way. I advise a rethinking of your strategy, whether you go with mine or not.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:46 am

Clubby spreads more joy among these Sallys than the real world can even dream of doing. Don't mess around with those Hebrew chemicals.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:28 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am
Wishful thinking is a helluva drug.

Even if it did though, it just results in more insults hurled your way, so if your goal is to be called a pedo less, you are going about it the wrong way. I advise a rethinking of your strategy, whether you go with mine or not.
Meh, I don't ever see them so who gives a fuck?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 pm

I won't speak for Clubby, but I personally do not care for Monte. I think he's dishonest and mean spirited when debating. I can respect those I disagree with, but he repeatedly throws out insults (ironic that he is now bitching about others doing that back to him. He literally told me to stop whining and bitching recently), ignores posts when he is asked direct and honest questions, and uses all the tricks of avoiding direct open debate.

Sorry, but Monte gets no sympathy from me. I will debate him with respect, but I do not trust him. Once he starts with insults (ankle-biter, whiner, suck it snowflake, etc) he will get it back. If he can't take it he shouldn't keep coming at people with insults and troll bait posts.

Oh, and he whines about the repetition while constantly calling ClubGOP Cuntflop. Those are the kind of things that have reduced my respect for him to near zero at this point. Stop complaining about all the things you do yourself.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 pm
Proof of intent is always tricky.
However, there is evidence that Boris planned to prorogue Parliament in the form of emails weeks before he publicly stated that he had no intention of doing it. The unusual length of time it was to be suspended coupled with its timing during a critical point in the Brexit process was enough to convince the Scottish court of sessions that it was a move intended to avoid scrutiny of his withdrawal plans. It's not a trial by jury, it is a ruling made by Judges so the burden of proof is not ''beyond all reasonable doubt'' as it would be at a criminal trial.
The UK SC will have the ultimate say in the case unless the government appeals to the European courts. Boris could conceivably choose that option as a time-wasting tactic but it would be a politically embarrassing move for a government determined to ''take back power'' from the EU.
The courts also have the power to request to see all communications between Boris and his political advisor Cummings so it is possible that there is evidence there that we are not currently aware of.
The response I expected to my pointedly over-the-top comment.

"there is evidence that Boris planned..."

Really? Is there? I mean I know Parliament passed something the last day to request all the emails/texts/etc in relation to Brexit/proroging, but has any of it really exchanged hands yet?

I mean, to use your own quote from before:
One of the three judges, Lord Brodie, said: "This was an egregious case of a clear failure to comply with generally accepted standards of behaviour of public authorities.

"It was to be inferred that the principal reasons for the prorogation were to prevent or impede Parliament holding the executive to account and legislating with regard to Brexit, and to allow the executive to pursue a policy of a no-deal Brexit without further Parliamentary interference."

And Lord Drummond Young said that the UK government had failed to show a valid reason for the prorogation, adding: "The circumstances, particularly the length of the prorogation, showed that the purpose was to prevent such scrutiny.

"The only inference that could be drawn was that the UK government and the prime minister wished to restrict Parliament."
Interesting...
"It was to be inferred that..."
"The circumstances... showed that..."
"The only inference that could be drawn was..."

Really, so the "proof" is just "inference" or divineing what someone was thinking out of "circumstances"?

I suppose we should all be grateful the Scottish court is full of mind readers?

Obviously you aren't one, or you would've known my comment was intended to provoke the exact response I replied to here, rather than "inferring" I was actually accusing you of being a pedo. Would "racist bigot" have been a less offensive thing to your feelings? "Murderer"? "Rapist"? Let me know which of those would be better and I promise I'll use that next time.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:02 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:19 pm

"there is evidence that Boris planned..."

Really? Is there? I mean I know Parliament passed something the last day to request all the emails/texts/etc in relation to Brexit/proroging, but has any of it really exchanged hands yet?
yes, that's why I mentioned it. Correspondence showing that Boris was lying when he said he had no plans to suspend Parliament was available before the case in the Scottish high court. I haven't seen it (I'm not sure it has been made public yet) so I don't know exactly what it said but it was referenced by the judges in their summary
Obviously you aren't one, or you would've known my comment was intended to provoke the exact response I replied to here, rather than "inferring" I was actually accusing you of being a pedo. Would "racist bigot" have been a less offensive thing to your feelings? "Murderer"? "Rapist"?
why would you feel the need to call me any of those things? I don't recall ever accusing you of anything like that.
Seriously, If like CF and PO5 you don't like me why would you even bother talking to me? I don't get it. I get a little snarky when provoked but am perfectly happy to talk to people in a civil manner. I don't get into all that nasty sort of shit when I talk to CM, Mike, Nuke, Otern, Fife, Dr Youth, SF, Hash, Bjorn, Brewster, HM, Hastur or any of those who don't post any more like Trek or Kath. I've disagreed with everyone on that list without resorting to calling them a pedo or rapist and vice versa. You'll be hard pressed to find an example of me calling someone a racist or bigot unless they have said something that was racist or bigoted.
Even Capps and StA don't feel the need to call me anything worse than faggot or very occasionally the 'c' word.

I'll ignore you if that's what you want. No skin off my nose. We've never built up any sort of relationship it will be no loss to me.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:53 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:02 pm
I'll ignore you if that's what you want. No skin off my nose.
Whatever floats your boat, doesn't matter to me.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:43 am

"I don’t care".
"Well, I don’t care that you don't care"
"Oh yeah, well I don’t care that you don't care about me not caring".

:D

It's hilarious that anyone whines about Monte insulting them. The cliquey nature of this place has only increased as membership decreased, and most people here only care about anyone being disrespectful, rude or insulting when it's the percieved "other team" doing the insulting. When it's a member of the little clique... everyone is suddenly deaf and blind. ;)

Any moral accusation or charge by 95% of the people here should be taken with the seven seas worth of salt.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:09 am