Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:21 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:01 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:56 am
I'm not interested in engaging with the mean spirited.
Especially if it is a 3 and a half year long campaign of hate.
I wouldn't talk to someone in real life if they kept accusing me of that. I'd rip their head off. I suspect that you would too.
It fails DB's punch in the mouth test.
If ph64 wants to carry on being so acidic (see what I did there) I will ignore him too. I answered his point in detail and gave him fair warning.
It's in jest dude, you are taking it the wrong way. Do you have no friends who troll you just to get under your skin? We all know each other around here, you are taking these insults as if some stranger came up to you on the street and insulted you out of nowhere.

Context matters, you don't seem to get that, if someone who has known you for years calls you a pedo rapist, it's not the same thing as some dude on street you don't even know calling you a pedo rapist out of nowhere, so stop pretending there is no difference. Friends insult each other all the time, as a fun little competition, and if your friends don't it's because they have a lame sense of humor or are completely spineless.

You are acting like a woman.
Really? You think Cuntflop is jesting and thinks I'm going to find it funny?
Bullshit, it's just hate and I have no time in my life for hateful people.
I can converse with you or StA without it becoming constant abuse (and zero content) despite disagreeing on most things. If others can't see me as anything but a target for abuse then fuck 'em. I'm not going to read their posts.
It's a shame because we're not exactly overpopulated around here (I suspect that's part of the reason) but that's how I feel and I've not kept it a secret.
If you can't show respect you'll get none in return. If you keep calling me a pedo I'll put you on ignore. Simple.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 am

...and no, I don't have any friends who constantly call me a pedo.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:21 am
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:56 am
I'm not interested in engaging with the mean spirited.
Especially if it is a 3 and a half year long campaign of hate.
I wouldn't talk to someone in real life if they kept accusing me of that. I'd rip their head off. I suspect that you would too.
It fails DB's punch in the mouth test.
If ph64 wants to carry on being so acidic (see what I did there) I will ignore him too. I answered his point in detail and gave him fair warning.
It's in jest dude, you are taking it the wrong way. Do you have no friends who troll you just to get under your skin? We all know each other around here, you are taking these insults as if some stranger came up to you on the street and insulted you out of nowhere.

Context matters, you don't seem to get that, if someone who has known you for years calls you a pedo rapist, it's not the same thing as some dude on street you don't even know calling you a pedo rapist out of nowhere, so stop pretending there is no difference. Friends insult each other all the time, as a fun little competition, and if your friends don't it's because they have a lame sense of humor or are completely spineless.

I can converse with you or StA without it becoming constant abuse (and zero content) despite disagreeing on most things. If others can't see me as anything but a target for abuse then fuck 'em. I'm not going to read their posts.
It's a shame because we're not exactly overpopulated around here (I suspect that's part of the reason) but that's how I feel and I've not kept it a secret.
If you can't show respect you'll get none in return. If you keep calling me a pedo I'll put you on ignore. Simple.
Clubby is just trolling you for the lulz, you are taking it the wrong way. That's just clubby being clubby, he does it to everyone, but unlike everyone else, you are a lot more thin skinned, which results in more lulz for clubby, which is why you are his favorite target around here.

The rest of us know better than to think clubby is the hateful caricature you depict him as, just because he is good at offending people with clever insults and drills down when he strikes a nerve.

You're just soft Monte. Clubby insulting you is not a sign that he hates you, he insults everybody, but he doesn't hate everybody.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 am
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Clubby is just trolling you for the lulz, you are taking it the wrong way. That's just clubby being clubby, he does it to everyone, but unlike everyone else, you are a lot more thin skinned, which results in more lulz for clubby, which is why you are his favorite target around here.

The rest of us know better than to think clubby is the hateful caricature you depict him as, just because he is good at offending people with clever insults.
No, he doesn't. He does it to whoever he sees as a ''lefty''. Repeating the same ''joke'' over and over again is neither witty nor clever.
How well do you think a comedian would do if his whole routine was calling one person a pedo and another person dirty dick over and over again?
He wouldn't get a second booking and would probably be pulled off stage after 5 minutes.
Now if you want to talk about Brexit go ahead. If you just want to go round and round in circles about this I'm out. I think I've been clear enough and I'm not going to suddenly change my mind because the 100th time you tell me I'm being thin skinned it suddenly sinks in.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:53 am

Repetition is a form of comedy.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:54 am

Repetition is a form of comedy.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 am
StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 am
Montegriffo wrote:

The rest of us know better than to think clubby is the hateful caricature you depict him as, just because he is good at offending people with clever insults.
No, he doesn't. He does it to whoever he sees as a ''lefty''. Repeating the same ''joke'' over and over again is neither witty nor clever.
How well do you think a comedian would do if his whole routine was calling one person a pedo and another person dirty dick over and over again?
He wouldn't get a second booking and would probably be pulled off stage after 5 minutes.
Now if you want to talk about Brexit go ahead. If you just want to go round and round in circles about this I'm out. I think I've been clear enough and I'm not going to suddenly change my mind because the 100th time you tell me I'm being thin skinned it suddenly sinks in.
Clubby is partisan hack, he is open about it. He likes to make fun of people he sees as "lefties", doesn't mean he hates you as a person, he does it for the lulz, not because he's really angry at you.

You don't get him at all, you allow the insults to blind you because you are too sensitive to insults from people who disagree with you politically, and attribute them to malice because you want moral high ground that you don't actually have, so you can write off good opinions you disagree with merely because an insult was included in response.

You insult people all the time, but when someone hits you back harder than you hit them, you cry foul. Insults are perfectly fine with you, as long as you perceive yourself as being on the winning end, but as soon you think you're losing, you play victim.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:57 am

I heard you the first time.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:57 am
I heard you the first time.
No you didn't. If you did, you'd realize I'm right and you need to toughen the fuck up.

Stop complaining when you are on the losing end of an insult battle while claiming everything is perfectly okay when you think you are getting the better of that battle. Don't dish what you can't take, because dishing it out is going to provoke a response, you need to learn to take your own medicine instead of whining about how bad it tastes.

You'd figure as an Englishman, you'd be better at insulting people, but you sir are no Michael Bisping. It's all in good fun, you just have no sense of humor and take life too seriously.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:11 am

Like, lets put aside who is right or wrong about Clubby's motives for a second.

Whose strategy for dealing with clubby would provide the best results for you, regardless of who is right about him?

Your strategy of being butthurt and playing the victim, which just causes him to double down and attack you more, because he smells weakness and gets more lulz

Or,

My strategy of letting it roll of your back and counter punching, which allows you to have fun ribbing him back while not giving him the response he's looking for.

Regardless of his motives, my strategy works better, even in your situation, so maybe you should give it try.

If your belief system about clubby's motives provokes a response out of you, that is less useful to you than what your response would be by adopting my belief system about him, then what good is holding to your belief system and not adopting mine, even if you are right about his motives and I am wrong?
*yip*