Brexit

StCapps

Re: Brexit

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:23 am

The game is out there, it's either play or get played.

Hating the player for playing isn't helpful, and it certainly is a weak sauce criticism.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 am
Not really. I live in a fantasy world where our elected leaders should be held accountable for their lies.
I'm still a realist in my expectations it's just that I care more about honesty than you do.
You aren't a realist though, your reactions to politicians lying shows that.

I care about honesty, but I don't need to scream it from the rooftops like some people, and I'm not dumb enough to expect it from politicians. It's all in the game, stop virtue signalling about honesty and grow a thicker skin, it's fucking politics, get used to it.
it's the people we elect to represent us, you should care more about their honesty. It's not just a game to be bet on and then brag about how you won. If you end up with a pathological liar like Trump or Boris running your shit you'd be an idiot not to care.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 am
StCapps wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 am
Not really. I live in a fantasy world where our elected leaders should be held accountable for their lies.
I'm still a realist in my expectations it's just that I care more about honesty than you do.
You aren't a realist though, your reactions to politicians lying shows that.

I care about honesty, but I don't need to scream it from the rooftops like some people, and I'm not dumb enough to expect it from politicians. It's all in the game, stop virtue signalling about honesty and grow a thicker skin, it's fucking politics, get used to it.
it's the people we elect to represent us, you should care more about their honesty. It's not just a game to be bet on and then brag about how you won. If you end up with a pathological liar like Trump or Boris running your shit you'd be an idiot not to care.
I care, but constantly saying I care is insecure virtue signaling to no purpose, and whining about it plays into the liars hands. Where is the better alternative to Trump or Boris who isn't a pathological liar? Not seeing them.

Whining about a politician lying means you have no actual good material to attack them with, all politicians lie, pointing out that a politician lied in no way differentiates them from any other politician, you gain no ground in doing so, and you just look like a petty hater for it. Reacting in such a manner does not discourage lying, it in fact encourages lying by increasing the reward for the politician doing so, it plays right into their hands.

Basically, by not acting counter-productively, you just assume that means I don't care enough. Nah, I'm just playing it smart, while you are playing it dumb and claiming that playing it dumb gives you some moral high ground you don't actually have.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 am

Boris was attempting to deceive the public again with his ''fishy'' story.
Apparently, I'm virtue signaling for pointing it out.
Take your worn-out cliches with you and go home you're drunk.

(I'm just waiting for SIFCLIF for a full house in Capps cliche bingo)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:49 am

Deceiving the public is in the job description. Making a big deal out of it plays into BoJo's hands, you aren't hurting him by reacting this way, you are helping him. Anyone who doesn't have BoJo Derangement Syndrome is driven to like him more when people attack him for petty shit like that, you are doing him a favor.

If you really don't like BoJo, it behooves you to pick your battles better. If you like BoJo, keep reacting like this whenever he lies, because you are doing him a world of good.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:59 am

Thing is though, Monte hates BoJo so much that he'll double down instead of heeding my warning. BoJo himself could warn Monte, that his reaction is actually helping him, and Monte would still double down thinking it somehow really hurts him and he's only saying that so Monte will take it easy on him. Trump just executed this exact play on the Democrats in his latest tweets about the Squad going back to their country, told them exactly how he was playing them, and it provoked the exact reaction I just described, because they just couldn't help themselves and Trump knew exactly how they would react.

"Insert Politician Here" Derangement Syndrome is a helluva a drug, and the smartest politicians know how to weaponize it for political gain, and this is how they do it, Monte is a prime example.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:06 am

I've already got ''TDS'' and ''pick your battles better'' on my card.
I'm still waiting for SIFCLIF.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am

I don't need ''.......is a hell of a drug'' either, just so you know.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:06 am
I've already got ''TDS'' and ''pick your battles better'' on my card.
I'm still waiting for SIFCLIF.
If you want me to use the term, you could claim the sky is falling, that's one sure fire way to provoke that reaction, do you want to win or not?

Because it seems to me, you are pretending to try when you actually aren't.

You could be like, "If BoJO become PM, it's the end of the world", something like that would probably do it.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:12 am

See, you can make an argument without just relying on TOC's. You should try it more often.