Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:19 am
StCapps wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:14 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:10 am
It gets worse.
The EU has responded by pointing out there are no EU temperature control rules on smoked fish deliveries. The rule requiring kippers to be posted on an ice pillow are purely British.
Directionally correct, but the details are wrong, so the media nitpicks the wrong details and falls for the trap of focusing attention on the issues that Bojo wants the attention on. Bojo been watching Trump I see.
Or, total lack of preparation leading him to talk nonsense about something he knows nothing about. Yup, been watching Trump alright.
It works far too often for both of them to be bumbling around having no idea what they are doing, like you suggest.

That shit is intentional, you just can't see it because you have Trump Derangement Syndrome and Bojo Derangement Syndrome.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 am

Truth be damned, win at all costs.
Yes, we know your political ideology already.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 am
Truth be damned, win at all costs.
Yes, we know your political ideology already.
Just win baby. Don't tell truth when a lie will do, tell the truth when it helps you, tell a lie when it helps you, ignore the truth when it hurts you, avoid a lie when it will hurt you. Play the media and haters for fools, trigger the shit out of them and get them to react in a way that helps you.

All politicians lie, holding them to a standard that it's completely unrealistic for them to adhere to, that's pointless and silly. If your best attack on a politician is that they lie or they are hypocrites, you got nothing on them.

So pick better battles.

Or don't, and play right into their lying hypocritical hands, that'll show them.
:roll:
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:38 am

Unbelievable.
Is that how all millennials think or are you an outlier?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:38 am
Unbelievable.
Is that how all millennials think or are you an outlier?
Definitely an outlier, don't go projecting my political views on the wider electorate, that will lead to shitty analysis. Most rubes totally expect politicians to not lie, even though they all lie, and they get all butthurt just like you whenever they think a politician is lying, even though they should see it coming, and it often makes a lot of sense that a politician would lie in that position, they still act incredulous when it happens.

That's why the strategy I suggest is so effective at winning elections, triggering the rubes to play right into your hands ftw. Just win baby, pragmatism wins far more elections than ineffective virtue signaling about always telling the truth ever will.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 am

I'd say people aspire to have honest politicians. No one expects it, you have to fight for the truth with only ''the media'' and a handfull of honest politicians as your allies.
You seem content to support the best liar.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 am
I'd say people aspire to have honest politicians. No one expects it, you have to fight for the truth with only ''the media'' and a handfull of honest politicians as your allies.
You seem content to support the best liar.
You seem content to believe in a fantasy world where there is even a handful of honest politicians who have the chance to win any office of consequence. The few honest politicians that exist can't win, so pining for an honest politician who can win is pining for a unicorn. I simply acknowledge that reality and don't let wishful thinking trick me into thinking honest politicians are more common than they are, or delude myself about the chances of such a politician winning an important office.

I grade them against their competition, not a unicorn that doesn't exist, and you should do the same.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 am

Not really. I live in a fantasy world where our elected leaders should be held accountable for their lies.
I'm still a realist in my expectations it's just that I hold politicians to a higher standard than you.
The controversial ‘Vote Leave’ battlebus which carried a widely discredited claim about EU funding has been re-branded to correct Brexiteers’ “exaggerations and lies”.

A bus emblazoned with the promise that the £350m a week Britain gives to the EU would be spent on the NHS instead has been purchased and repainted by Greenpeace.

The charity covered up the “bogus” promise with thousands of questions written on stickers formed in a montage that spells ‘TIME FOR TRUTH’ in huge white letters.

Last edited by Montegriffo on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 am
Not really. I live in a fantasy world where our elected leaders should be held accountable for their lies.
I'm still a realist in my expectations it's just that I care more about honesty than you do.
You aren't a realist though, your reactions to politicians lying shows that.

I care about honesty, but I don't need to scream it from the rooftops like some people, and I'm not dumb enough to expect it from politicians. It's all in the game, stop virtue signalling about honesty and grow a thicker skin, it's fucking politics, get used to it.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:18 am

Fort Honesty sets off another dirty mortar.