Brexit

Speaker to Animals

Re: Brexit

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:23 pm

An EU army is the first real step towards the consolidation of political power to an imperial capital they call a "federation" to placate plebs and dumbasses too stupid to grasp how shit works, even with the example of American history staring them in the face..

Once you have a standing federal army, good luck with your exit strategies. LOL

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Maybe you should stop calling for the dismantling of NATO if you don't want an EU Army.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:30 pm
Maybe you should stop calling for the dismantling of NATO if you don't want an EU Army.
I do not give a shit if you guys surrender to the next third reich without a fight. That is your business.

I am just telling you how it is.

These politicians are trying to create a Leviathan. That only means endless internal conflict and war.

As far as NATO.. if Russia really a threat? I don't think so. No need for that shit. Defend yourselves. If you want to do that by surrender-monkeying your way into becoming an EU vassal state, then by all means.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Since only us and the French have a fully functional military I don't think that the UK is going to be a vassal state.
Who's going to make us deploy our forces without our consent?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:18 pm
Since only us and the French have a fully functional military I don't think that the UK is going to be a vassal state.

You'll give consent, whore.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:32 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:18 pm
You killed your military culture with cultural Marxism. Think again.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Sometimes I pine for a Pan European/American Empire but then again I see the folly in that. Sucks really. North America is/was a European Civilization. Now we are mostly simply subservient to Moloch or Mammon.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Europe was better off decentralized and local. Don't let any dumbass tell you otherwise.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:26 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 pm
Sometimes I pine for a Pan European/American Empire but then again I see the folly in that. Sucks really. North America is/was a European Civilization. Now we are mostly simply subservient to Moloch or Mammon.
North America isn't really European, though. You're white North Americans who speak English, a culture that is more of a melting pot version of various cultures of Europe mixed together to the point where the original flavors have disappeared. If your ancestors were f.ex. Hungarian, but you don't speak Hungarian , don't know Hungarian culture, don't live Hungarian culture, then you're no longer Hungarian. That's not some meant as some sort of "insult" or downplaying of who you are. It's just that you turned into something distinct from what and who your ancestors were, when they were Germans, French, Swedes, Hungarians, Italians, etc. The somewhat same thing would have played out during all the late antiquity/early medieval mass migrations of Europe, for example. Even if the Goths originated in what is today Swedish Gotland, the Spanish today who are descendents of Visigoths, aren't "Swedes" or even "Gotlanders" anymore. Which is neither a good or bad thing, it's just a difference.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:03 pm
Europe was better off decentralized and local. Don't let any dumbass tell you otherwise.
Fucking this.

There's absolutely no need for an EU army. And you guys know I'm not a pacifist peacenik who want to abandon armed forces altogether. NATO without the US and Britain, would with current military spending, still outspend Russia, and spend about as much as Russia and China combined. Sure, they can do lots cheaper, but the alliance is still vastly more powerful than Russia. And China is of no threat to NATO, apart from the US.
Russia couldn't conquer Turkey one-on-one. Hell, they couldn't even close the corridor to Crimea when they tried. Sure, they could take Ukraine if they really went for it, but it would be a phyrric victory, and they really can't do things like that anymore, since they don't have as much centralized control as the Soviet Union.

The US pulling out of NATO, which wouldn't happen, would still not make NATO impotent. It would simply make it what it was during the Cold War, a defensive alliance. And even in the extremely unlikely event of NATO dissolving, European states could still offer a credible deterrence with smaller alliances. Sweden and Finland are not NATO members, and they haven't been invaded. In a world without NATO, a Nordic defense union would be enough for the Nordic countries, while the baltics, Poland and Ukraine would be strong enough together to deter Russia from invading them.

An EU army is the worst idea for peace and stability. It seeks to replace NATO, but not include Turkey, which will just throw Turkey straight into an alliance with Russia. An EU army will just mean Europe lost their largest armed forces, and doubling the threat they push as a reason for creating that army.