Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 3:23 am

Police have launched an investigation into comments by a Ukip candidate that he might rape a Labour MP.

Carl Benjamin sent a Twitter message in 2016 saying he “wouldn’t even rape” the Birmingham Yardley MP Jess Phillips and then revived the comment in a recent video when he said “with enough pressure I might cave”.

Mr Benjamin, who is standing for Ukip in the EU elections in the South West, released a video last month on YouTube, where he has a large following under the name Sargon of Akkad.

He said on the video: “There’s been an awful lot of talk about whether I would or wouldn’t rape Jess Phillips. I suppose with enough pressure I might cave. But let’s be honest, nobody’s got that much beer.”
Today West Midland police issued a statement saying: “Police have received a report of malicious communications relating to MP Jess Phillips.

“Officers have spoken to Ms Phillips and the comments are being investigated to establish if an offence has taken place.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/u ... 35741.html

Yup, that's Nazi pug man standing beside him laughing at his rape threat.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:38 am

I wouldn't even rape you Monte. :snooty:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 4:04 am

Ph64 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:38 am
I wouldn't even rape you Monte. :snooty:
Does that depend on how much beer is available or is it a matter of principle?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 07, 2019 6:47 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:23 am
Police have launched an investigation into comments by a Ukip candidate that he might rape a Labour MP.

Carl Benjamin sent a Twitter message in 2016 saying he “wouldn’t even rape” the Birmingham Yardley MP Jess Phillips and then revived the comment in a recent video when he said “with enough pressure I might cave”.

Mr Benjamin, who is standing for Ukip in the EU elections in the South West, released a video last month on YouTube, where he has a large following under the name Sargon of Akkad.

He said on the video: “There’s been an awful lot of talk about whether I would or wouldn’t rape Jess Phillips. I suppose with enough pressure I might cave. But let’s be honest, nobody’s got that much beer.”
Today West Midland police issued a statement saying: “Police have received a report of malicious communications relating to MP Jess Phillips.

“Officers have spoken to Ms Phillips and the comments are being investigated to establish if an offence has taken place.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/u ... 35741.html

Yup, that's Nazi pug man standing beside him laughing at his rape threat.
What an egregious waste of tax dollars

You people are really ok with an investigation over obvious jokes?

Holy shit
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am

A Ukip MEP candidate has defended his use of the N-word and other offensive language in a Youtube video by saying: “I find racist jokes funny”.

Carl Benjamin, who uploads footage to his channel under the name Sargon of Akkad, called a disabled person a “retard” and an Asian woman a “chink” while commenting on an anti-discrimination film.

The internet troll also repeatedly used the N-word and other racist terms in the 2015 footage, which was deleted for violating Youtube’s policy on hate speech.Mr Benjamin, the Ukip candidate for the South West constituency, told Sky News he was “not really interested in discussing any of these comments” and suggested those who found his use of racist language offensive should “go and have a cry”.

Labour MP David Lammy responded by tweeting that it was “deeply sad” that people who use the n-word were running to be elected officials in Britain in 2019.“This is an ideology of hate. It must be confronted and defeated,” he added.

During the interview with Sky News, Mr Benjamin boasted about having a huge audience on Youtube, adding: “If people want to go see them they can go watch them on my channel and see the context of them for themselves. I’m not really interested in discussing any of those.”Asked about people who found his comments offensive, he replied: “Well I’ll tell you what. They can go and have a cry and when they have collected themselves and they are ready to talk like an adult about the issues and not bring up things that they think might be offensive and spread them around the country to people who might be offended by them.

"Then we can have a sensible discussion about the issues.”He also told Sky News: “Personally, I find racist jokes funny.”

It follows his dismissal of concerns about a tweet in which he said he “wouldn’t even rape” Labour MP Jess Phillips.

Ukip leader Gerard Batten described Mr Benjamin’s comments about Ms Phillips as “ill considered” but claimed “the vast mass of people out there couldn’t care less”. He has refused to comment on the video.Nick Lowles, chief executive of campaign group Hope not Hate, called for Mr Benjamin to be sacked immediately.

“These appalling slurs show the mask slipping from Carl Benjamin, a man who likes to hide behind his YouTube persona and write off everything as a joke or as part of a free speech mantle,” he said. “Even a far-right party like Ukip and its Muslim-obsessed leader Gerard Batten must realise they’ve made a horrendous error in selecting Benjamin as a candidate.

“They must now immediately sack him, or forever be seen to be siding with bigotry, homophobia, misogyny and racism. The voters of the South West deserve better than this.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 87696.html
Just another Free Speech Warrior hiding his bigotry behind so called humour.
''It's a joke'' can never be an excuse for breaking the law or no law can ever be prosecuted. Especially when bigotted comments are used as revenue generating clickbait as in this case and that of Nazi pug man.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue May 07, 2019 8:39 am

It's a joke'' can never be an excuse for breaking the law or no law can ever be prosecuted
If your law depends on whether it is a joke or not then your law sucks. Either you have freedom of speech or you don't. Am willing to bet he wont get prosecuted and when he doesn't will you concede it was just a joke or are you already drawing a conclusion?

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am
''It's a joke'' can never be an excuse for breaking the law or no law can ever be prosecuted. Especially when bigotted comments are used as revenue generating clickbait as in this case and that of Nazi pug man.
Strangely "Nazi pug man" only had something like 10 followers on YouTube, pretty much just a few friends, before posting his Nazi saluting dog video, purely to piss off his GF. Then it was stumbled upon by other people and went viral, exploding in views beyond anything he ever imagined. He never planned on it "generating revenue" or for that matter making him a nationally recognized name...

In fact, what did THAT for his video was the national (and international) news media, followed by the UK's criminal prosecution of him and even more media coverage. If they'd simply ignored it his video probably would have been a "flash in the pan" event, garnered him a few followers maybe, and he would have been mostly forgotten in a year.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 9:10 am

Ph64 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:58 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Strangely "Nazi pug man" only had something like 10 followers on YouTube, pretty much just a few friends, before posting his Nazi saluting dog video, purely to piss off his GF. Then it was stumbled upon by other people and went viral, exploding in views beyond anything he ever imagined. He never planned on it "generating revenue" or for that matter making him a nationally recognized name...

In fact, what did THAT for his video was the national (and international) news media, followed by the UK's criminal prosecution of him and even more media coverage. If they'd simply ignored it his video probably would have been a "flash in the pan" event, garnered him a few followers maybe, and he would have been mostly forgotten in a year.
Not true.
Count Dankula had his own comedy website and his motivation for posting the ''edgy'' pug video was to increase traffic to his site.
The judge at his trial stated that he was so motivated and it was not acceptable to cause gross offence to the Jewish community just so that he could generate notoriety for personal gain.
If he only intended to piss his gf off he would have removed it once she had seen it. He was asked to remove it but refused which is why the case ended up in court.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:18 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:10 am
Ph64 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:58 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Not true.
Count Dankula had his own comedy website and his motivation for posting the ''edgy'' pug video was to increase traffic to his site.
The judge at his trial stated that he was so motivated and it was not acceptable to cause gross offence to the Jewish community just so that he could generate notoriety for personal gain.
If he only intended to piss his gf off he would have removed it once she had seen it. He was asked to remove it but refused which is why the case ended up in court.
Please post any information on the names of the people in the "Jewish community" which filed charges against him for his "gross offense". Presumably there must be a lot of them, right? I mean, we don't just jump to prosecute someone because one of two people somewhere got their fee-fees hurt in "offense" right? The police don't just jump in and file charges against a person without someone actually reporting offense at least, right?

You just posted a thread about a welfare family having another kid... I'm sure someone in the UK finds that grossly offensive in some way... That family is being arrested, right?

I personally find Antifa "punching nazis" (or random people they divine to be so) grossly offensive. Why aren't they being arrested? Or is "grossly offensive" a subjective thing and only applies to *some* people, specifically only the ones you don't like?
Last edited by Ph64 on Tue May 07, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:24 am

clubgop wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:39 am
It's a joke'' can never be an excuse for breaking the law or no law can ever be prosecuted
If your law depends on whether it is a joke or not then your law sucks. Either you have freedom of speech or you don't. Am willing to bet he wont get prosecuted and when he doesn't will you concede it was just a joke or are you already drawing a conclusion?
What is the exact law he broke anyways? Do Brits really have laws against saying something mean?