Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:40 am

I heard the most positive thing I've heard about Brexit in months yesterday.
...at least it wasn't a referendum about bringing back hanging
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:08 am

They're going to talk about these petitions now.

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:12 am

Also, are these remainers retarded or something?

They keep pushing for a second vote, to confirm May's deal. Which is fair enough. Parliament can't seem to agree, so putting it out to the people seems like a good second option. But they go off the rails when talking about how rejecting that deal, means they're supposed to stay in the EU.

They had a vote on leaving the EU. So any referendum leading to a rejection of the deal, would only mean leaving without a deal. Or at least that's how it's supposed to be in a sane world. It just looks like they're in deep denial about the actual results, three years later.

The remainers could've saved themselves easily. Conclude a deal which pretty much the exact same as being in the EU, just without the ability to vote in the European elections (which noone really bother to vote in anyway). Vote for it. "Leave" the EU. Britain now no longer an EU member, and they technically followed through on Brexit.

I just don't get how the fuck they're not seeing this. There's so many ways for the remainers to still technically be within the EU, without overtly ignoring the 2016 referendum, but they're just so hellbent on sticking it to the brexiters.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 am

I wonder if it's a power thing. How many nations want to control the EU?

I agree the Remainers have turned out to be mega cunts. I would hate to share a country with people like that. What a pathetic show.

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:22 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 am
I wonder if it's a power thing. How many nations want to control the EU?

I agree the Remainers have turned out to be mega cunts. I would hate to share a country with people like that. What a pathetic show.
It really has to be a power thing. It can't be about how Brexit personally affects them at this point, since that could've easily been solved by going for a "brexit in name only"-kind of deal. But that's not what the remainers are fighting for.

Even if I were hard core pro EU, I'd say leaving is the only option. Maybe work on getting back in as quickly as possible, and have as little change as possible coming out of leaving the EU. Even the EU would support that. Just keep paying the EU, keep the borders open to the EU, trade agreements the same, free movement of people and labor. It would still be fucking over the brexiters, but at least they're leaving, and that's technically all they voted on, not on the deals they make with the EU, while out of the EU.

I'm just amazed how far they go in shooting themselves in the foot by keeping up with this madness. It's like they're trapped in denial.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Otern wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:12 am

They had a vote on leaving the EU. So any referendum leading to a rejection of the deal, would only mean leaving without a deal. Or at least that's how it's supposed to be in a sane world. It just looks like they're in deep denial about the actual results, three years later.
Parliament has ruled out leaving with no deal.

Most likely at the moment is some version of May's deal, a close second is another referendum but no-one is quite sure what the options would be, possibly May's deal or revoke article 50.

Honestly though, still no real idea what is going to happen next.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:21 pm

Turns out leaving isn't as easy as was promised.

Doesn't help that the leave campaigners promised that we could keep all the advantages of being in the EU while losing all the bad bits.
This being a unicorn has made it rather difficult to achieve.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 am

The four most popular indicative votes from last week were put to the house again last night.
Customs union failed to get a majority by 3 votes.
Common market 2.0 was next most popular losing by about 20.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:07 am

HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:23 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck