States Are So Passé

Ex-California

Re: States Are So Passé

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:40 am

kybkh wrote:You gonna look me in the eye and tell me there's not a significant cultural difference between me sitting up the holler with my moonshine jug and shotgun and California?
I would be happy sitting in a holler with a moonshine jug and a shotgun and I'm a 5th generation Californian.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:43 am

kybkh wrote:You gonna look me in the eye and tell me there's not a significant cultural difference between me sitting up the holler with my moonshine jug and shotgun and California?
You would actually be surprised. AB isn't the only one who would have a hoot at that party.
Two layers of government — federal and local — offers a cleaner, more sensible and much more affordable system than our current one, a notion not unlike cutting out the middle layer of an overly bureaucratic, inefficient company.
I actually kind of like this idea. States are so passe, but City States never go out of style.

There are some obvious problems, but they are basically the same problems we currently have. Which laws the federal gov gets to pass, and which laws the local one does. All the same problems we have with our current system, but potentially more actual local control of the laws that affect you the most.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:35 pm

kybkh wrote:Would you be surprised if liberals upon the realization that they could never pass a constitutional amendment to get rid of the electoral college just decided to say fuck it and start over?

Na, me neither...

States are a relic of the past. It’s time to get rid of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in- ... f08f2e9d18

I'd like to go 180 degrees from the article. It seems to me it's time to look at creating some new states. We could deal with the urban / rural divide. I think the time has come to look seriously at State of Jefferson and similar proposals
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:58 pm

X
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

I am sure all these liberals wish their state governments were gone an DJT had direct control over their gated communities.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:35 pm

The whole thing is a dumb idea. And it isn't going to happen. I guess the WaPo gotta round out their paper somehow.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:55 pm

Which laws the federal gov gets to pass, and which laws the local one does.
The answer already lies in the Constitution. Just take a strict interpretation of Art. 1 Sec. 8.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:09 pm

It's funny the people who were lambasting Trump for doubting there was anything wrong with the way things have been being run are now lamenting at the decrepit state we're in.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:It's funny the people who were lambasting Trump for doubting there was anything wrong with the way things have been being run are now lamenting at the decrepit state we're in.
;)

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:It's funny the people who were lambasting Trump for doubting there was anything wrong with the way things have been being run are now lamenting at the decrepit state we're in.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751