States Are So Passé

kybkh

States Are So Passé

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Would you be surprised if liberals upon the realization that they could never pass a constitutional amendment to get rid of the electoral college just decided to say fuck it and start over?

Na, me neither...

States are a relic of the past. It’s time to get rid of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in- ... f08f2e9d18
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

skankhunt42

Re: States Are So Passé

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Fuck that man. If you don't get your way the lesson is don't get better, don't prepare for 2018 or 2020, the lesson is change the game.

Fucking pussy ass liberals.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:50 pm

I swear next time somebody tells me "Hillary got more votes" I am gonna reply "Well Trump voters got more guns".
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:53 pm

I see where he's coming from and can't say I totally disagree. However, we can't run everything from the top. Would this guy want DC to take over County and City governments as well?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Two Man

Post by Two Man » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 pm

To be fair to the author, he wasn't saying we should eliminate states because of the outcome of the election (the common reason), but because he thinks we could do more good with only federal and local governments, eliminating the middle man and saving potentially billions of dollars. He claims states are no longer culturally distinct from one another and state borders verge on nonsensical. Not so sure he's right about that. He is right that we shouldn't think of ourselves as 50 kinds of people living in imaginary regions but as one people living in real, local communities.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:20 pm

You gonna look me in the eye and tell me there's not a significant cultural difference between me sitting up the holler with my moonshine jug and shotgun and California?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:54 pm

kybkh wrote:Would you be surprised if liberals upon the realization that they could never pass a constitutional amendment to get rid of the electoral college just decided to say fuck it and start over?

Na, me neither...

The Washinton Post is such shit now. How they are more respected than the National Enquirer is something I will never understand. Bunch of Bozo hacks.

Two Man

Post by Two Man » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm

kybkh wrote:You gonna look me in the eye and tell me there's not a significant cultural difference between me sitting up the holler with my moonshine jug and shotgun and California?
Not at all. That's why I said I'm not so sure he's right about that. A few of his other points may be valid though.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Haumana wrote:
kybkh wrote:Would you be surprised if liberals upon the realization that they could never pass a constitutional amendment to get rid of the electoral college just decided to say fuck it and start over?

Na, me neither...

The Washinton Post is such shit now. How they are more respected than the National Enquirer is something I will never understand. Bunch of Bozo hacks.
They are simply playing to their audience. Gotta keep the hens in line. They've gone straight Fox News during the Bush administration on us as far as the amount of balance they are willing to show.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Two Man wrote:
kybkh wrote:You gonna look me in the eye and tell me there's not a significant cultural difference between me sitting up the holler with my moonshine jug and shotgun and California?
Not at all. That's why I said I'm not so sure he's right about that. A few of his other points may be valid though.
The more direct control you afford a Federal Govt the easier you make for a dictatorship.