Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

TheReal_ND

Re: Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:07 pm

The Chinese are not even reacting to this in any particularly over the top manner, they're basically going through the motions of filing a minor protest, the hysterical overreaction to this is being entirely generated by the liberal media, as per usual.

Hack bitches gonna hack, who knew?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Chinese are not reacting to this in any particularly over the top manner, they're basically going through the motions of filing a minor protest, the hysterical overreaction to this is being entirely generated by the liberal media, as per usual.
Bingo. Concern trolling is the name of the game from here on out.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:09 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The Chinese are not reacting to this in any particularly over the top manner, they're basically going through the motions of filing a minor protest, the hysterical overreaction to this is being entirely generated by the liberal media, as per usual.
Bingo. Concern trolling is the name of the game from here on out.
No doubt, buckle up for four years of non stop concern trolling, mind you, totally backfired last time MAGA was in effect, Ronald Reagan simply grew ever more popular in the face of it, even to a great degree, because of it.

The liberals are charging straight into the teeth of MAGA all over again, to their peril again as well.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Paulo

Post by Paulo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Paulo wrote:You mentioned the 1.83 billion! And who cares about americans business? but we all know that Trump must have some business in Taiwan, so do not play dumb with me. :-)
$1.83 billion is obviously chump change in the context of a $20 trillion annual GDP, doesn't even reach the threshold of walking around money for the Americans, the US government blows $6.85 billion every sixty seconds.

Totally insignificant to the Americans in an economic sense, entirely a geopolitical leverage play.

Since last time I checked, it's insignificant money for Trump's business. What are his business there? do you know?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Paulo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Paulo wrote:You mentioned the 1.83 billion! And who cares about americans business? but we all know that Trump must have some business in Taiwan, so do not play dumb with me. :-)
$1.83 billion is obviously chump change in the context of a $20 trillion annual GDP, doesn't even reach the threshold of walking around money for the Americans, the US government blows $6.85 billion every sixty seconds.

Totally insignificant to the Americans in an economic sense, entirely a geopolitical leverage play.

Since last time I checked, it's insignificant money for Trump's business. What are his business there? do you know?
Nothing as of now that I am aware of, but are reportedly eyeing a major venture in Taoyuan, American Gateway transport hub and luxury resorts.

Fun in the sun, within the People's Liberation Army Anti-Access Area Denial Zone, wot?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Paulo

Post by Paulo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Ok, you made my point. Thank you. :D

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:18 pm

Well I course, am all for the Americans making money, the better the business for the Americans the better the business for the whole world, if Trump can make money for Americans, including himself, I am all for it, as they are, after all, the key drivers of the global economy.

As for them stickin' it to the ChiComs? I'm all for that as well.
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:03 pm

“The Chinese are now being alerted that they should not think of the United States as a pushover anymore,” said Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (My Choice for SOS), who sits on the House Foreign Affairs Committee and chairs its Europe, Eurasia and Emerging Threats subcommittee. – READ MORE

http://truepundit.com/rep-dana-rohrabac ... -pushover/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:As much as I want that, and I do, I'm not crazy about a guy doing it who hasn't even been in office for a day yet. If we did it after his first 100 days I'd feel a hell of a lot better about it. I feel like he'd have better intel at that point to make these kinds of decisions. I'm just trying to be pragmatic. I like the idea of being aggressive, I just want to be sound as a country.
You seem to be comparing Trump's behavior to a reference that someone has prepared for what is right and proper. I wonder, who's your source for this guide to presidential behavior?

nevermind, looks like y'all sorted it out. this is media bullshit. plain and simple.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751