Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

kybkh

Re: Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
kybkh wrote:No i get it Skank. Go for it 100%. I just think you've picked some shaky ground bro. Prove me wrong though.

Seems the counter point to your argument is "fuck China, what the fuck they gonna do" and your argument is "Trump should be more prudent". Convince of the latter bro.
You're welcome to your opinion. You're wrong. I'm not looking for extremes like the hyperbole you posted. Why is the counter point "Fuck China"? But yes, I'd like it if Trump was more prudent. Having said that, I'd like it if the MSM wasn't the worst. Fuck the MSM. Prison Rape the MSM.
We can agree on the MSM for sure.

I am not posting hyperbole, I am posting real politik. If Trump is a man of his word he will be going after Chinese mfg jobs. In that process the least of his concerns will be taking a phone call from Taiwan. That said a phone call now won't mean shit after Apple announces they are moving 5k jobs back to the mainland.

Trump just put a Marine General nicknamed 'Mad Dog' as Sec Def, you think he is worried about taking phone calls?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:03 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I'm not in a tizzy, just here by the fire enjoying a Jamesons, it's all good, as you said, we're just having a conversation.

Persuant to that; how would you, if you were President, "show strength to China", as you say?
Honestly, I don't know, but that is a great question, and the most important question.

Our Navy is a huge plus against them, so from a military stand point I'm not concerned. I'd focus on economic, technological, and psychological means.
I'm 32, but I miss the idea of the majority of Americans standing behind our leader (Ala the sadness when JFK died, not saying he was a great President, just making a point). So I'd like Trump to focus reaching across the aisle. I think it's important to try and involve the Democrats and include as many people as possible to policy.

I'll stop there. If just that happened, no matter how pie in the sky it is, I'd feel better about the future of America.
Tech will increase no matter what, and psychologically as long as we have liberty we will be intimidating.

I dunno, that's a ramble. As a Canadian, what do you want to see out of Trump?
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:05 pm

kybkh wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
kybkh wrote:No i get it Skank. Go for it 100%. I just think you've picked some shaky ground bro. Prove me wrong though.

Seems the counter point to your argument is "fuck China, what the fuck they gonna do" and your argument is "Trump should be more prudent". Convince of the latter bro.
You're welcome to your opinion. You're wrong. I'm not looking for extremes like the hyperbole you posted. Why is the counter point "Fuck China"? But yes, I'd like it if Trump was more prudent. Having said that, I'd like it if the MSM wasn't the worst. Fuck the MSM. Prison Rape the MSM.
We can agree on the MSM for sure.

I am not posting hyperbole, I am posting real politik. If Trump is a man of his word he will be going after Chinese mfg jobs. In that process the least of his concerns will be taking a phone call from Taiwan. That said a phone call now won't mean shit after Apple announces they are moving 5k jobs back to the mainland.

Trump just put a Marine General nicknamed 'Mad Dog' as Sec Def, you think he is worried about taking phone calls?
Good points. You're correct, you are posting straight 'real politik', shit man, I'm sorry that went over my head. I blame the Wild Turkey I'm drinking tonight. You make good points. I dunno, I'm just frustrated. I actually have high hopes for Trump's cabinet. They seem like an intelligent lot. Seriously though, we can totally agree on the MSM. Fuck them. Fuck them all.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:As a Canadian, what do you want to see out of Trump?
In regards to what? The Chinese?
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
How do you feel Trump should respond to the Chinese?
Honestly though, I'm more interested in what your expectation is for the Trump Presidency. Specifically, do you think it will be successful in the eyes of Americans and the international community?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:16 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Honestly though, I'm more interested in what your expectation is for the Trump Presidency. Specifically, do you think it will be successful in the eyes of Americans and the international community?
I think Trump is going to surprise people, I'm older than you, so I went through a version of this with Ronald Reagan back in the 80's, he was the OG MAGA, and the Liberals went through a similar caterwauling hysterical freak out about it, he was the liberal's latest in a line of "Nuclear Hitler!"s who was going to blow up the world, and back then, we were really on the brink, and he really did get up in Ivan's grill like nobody had done since 62', so I'm not too nervous about Trump and the Chinese, I grew up in the Cold War, I was Cold Warrior too, so I'm not sweating any bullets about the Chinese over Formosa, they ain't gonna do shit.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:17 pm

The Kickin' Chickin' is liable to get anyone off their game. If you are drinking bourbon at least get Makers. I am not sure where you are from so I can't really suggest something different than what I know should be available.

Skank, don't worry about pissing people off or getting them in a tizzy bro. That's what your supposed to do. That's what makes it fun. You'll learn bro.

You don't understand, I've seen dozens of people just walk in to Somme like barrages from Smitty over the years. IMO I could see him coming out on top on this topic in a vicious fashion in the past.

You gotta take it though, feel honored it happened. It's like saying you got knocked out by Mike Tyson. You've seen this incredible outflow of love the last couple days among people who weeks ago were literally making personal insults to one another. It's been beautiful, it will be even better here. Don't quit bringing it!

I got a personal lesson from Smitty in Geopolitics. The class is still posted on line for a little while. http://forum.dancarlin.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40825

Last edited by kybkh on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:18 pm

kybkh wrote:The Kickin' Chickin' is liable to get anyone off their game. If you are drinking bourbon at least get Makers. I am not sure where you are from so I can't really suggest something different than what I know should be available.

Skank, don't worry about pissing people off or getting them in a tizzy bro. That's what your supposed to do. That's what makes it fun. You'll learn bro.

You don't understand, I've seen dozens of people just walk in to Somme like barrages from Smitty over the years. IMO I could see him coming out on top on this topic in a vicious fashion in the past.

You gotta take it though, feel honored it happened. It's like saying you got knocked out by Mike Tyson. You've seen this incredible outflow of love the last couple days among people who weeks ago were literally making personal insults to one another. It's been beautiful, it will be even better here. Don't quit bringing it!

Well...When you say it like that :)

Ding! Ding!

Side note: Let me stop you right there, I love Makers!

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:32 pm

kybkh wrote:You don't understand, I've seen dozens of people just walk in to Somme like barrages from Smitty over the years. IMO I could see him coming out on top on this topic in a vicious fashion in the past.

I got a personal lesson from Smitty in Geopolitics.
But you're a lunatic, skank is not, and that was the Dan Carlin Forum, this is not, and even if there is ever a situation which warrants somebody getting a rhetorical beat down here, skank has done nothing to warrant that, he's been absolutely respectful, going out of his way to be, despite having to wade through a barrage of uncalled for flak from you, he's offered the open palm, I receive and return it in kind, if he goes off like a lunatic at some point, as you do, well then I'll have to reassess at that juncture.
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
I think Trump is going to surprise people, I'm older than you, so I went through a version of this with Ronald Reagan back in the 80's, he was the OG MAGA, and the Liberals went through a similar caterwauling hysterical freak out about it, he was the liberal's latest in a line of "Nuclear Hitler!"s who was going to blow up the world, and back then, we were really on the brink, and he really did get up in Ivan's grill like nobody had done since 62', so I'm not too nervous about Trump and the Chinese, I grew up in the Cold War, I was Cold Warrior too, so I'm not sweating any bullets about the Chinese over Formosa, they ain't gonna do shit.
Then you have given me a huge sigh of relief. I raise my glass to you sir. My dad who's 65 is of the same opinion of you. And I should note, that's high praise. I've learned more from Smitty than some of my Grad courses.