Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

skankhunt42

Re: Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
What kind of Intel do you think would change the situation? You're clearly speculating as to Intel, so what do you speculate that it would say? What is it you think is going on behind the scenes, that makes you so nervous?
I could ask you the same question. We are both aware how China feels about Taiwan. However, unless our government is worthless, is there not a common sense advocate inside of the government to warn the Donald what call to take, and what not to take? I have a friend that works for the government, at this stage in the game, he has less people advising him than you'd think.

If his plan is to tell China to fuck off at every point, cool, but I just think he's being naive and careless here because I watched the election process. I want Trump to succeed, this is the kind of shit, the lack of prep, efficiency, and attention to detail that scares me. Now the attention to detail has been a gaffe in just about every damn President, but the big difference between Donald and those is the shit media will be delivering an unholy amount of watch dogging. Trump has to be on point, and on his game. It matters. This was not a great play. This was moving a pawn across the board just because you can.
But all he did was talk to the president of Taiwan on the phone. :?: You make it sound like he's massing troops on the Yalu river.
Where did I say that? The heart of the matter; my point, is that Trump isn't making a good first impression with China. He could have avoided that by not taking the call. It's not important in terms of causing a war, it's just not tactful and lazy. That was my point.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:39 pm

skankhunt42 wrote: Where did I say that? The heart of the matter; my point, is that Trump isn't making a good first impression with China. He could have avoided that by not taking the call. It's not important in terms of causing a war, it's just not tactful and lazy. That was my point.
What if Trump wants to send the message to China, and everybody else, that America does not and never will take their Commie butt hurt into account, when America wants to talk on the phone to anybody America pleases, and knew that the Chinese would simply make themselves look stupid and impotent if/when they took the bait and railed about it?
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote: Where did I say that? The heart of the matter; my point, is that Trump isn't making a good first impression with China. He could have avoided that by not taking the call. It's not important in terms of causing a war, it's just not tactful and lazy. That was my point.
What if Trump wants to send the message to China that America does not and never will take their Commie butt hurt into account, when America wants to talk on the phone to anybody America pleases, and knew that the Chinese would simply make themselves look stupid and impotent if/when they took the bait and railed about it?
Then his next action against them will solidify his first. I'm not crazy about it from the rip. I'd feel better about it if it was a slow burn. I'm not sure that playing your cards immediately is ever a great strategy, it leaves you vulnerable.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Don't know whats funnier Skank falling in to the trap I warned him about or the strain I picture on Smitty's face as he attempts to hold in his rage. :lol:
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:44 pm

kybkh wrote:Don't know whats funnier Skank falling in to the trap I warned him about or the strain I picture on Smitty's face as he attempts to hold in his rage. :lol:
What you call a trap, I call a conversation. I'm not trying to win a game, just trying to have a conversation.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:47 pm

No i get it Skank. Go for it 100%. I just think you've picked some shaky ground bro. Prove me wrong though.

Seems the counter point to your argument is "fuck China, what the fuck they gonna do" and your argument is "Trump should be more prudent". Convince of the latter bro.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:50 pm

I ask in good faith, skank, I assure you, I am trying to draw out what your view of it is, in more detail, but I am not in anyway laying a trap for you, it's all good, coach, don't listen to kybkh, he's a lunatic.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:51 pm

kybkh wrote:No i get it Skank. Go for it 100%. I just think you've picked some shaky ground bro. Prove me wrong though.

Seems the counter point to your argument is "fuck China, what the fuck they gonna do" and your argument is "Trump should be more prudent". Convince of the latter bro.
You're welcome to your opinion. You're wrong. I'm not looking for extremes like the hyperbole you posted. Why is the counter point "Fuck China"? But yes, I'd like it if Trump was more prudent. Having said that, I'd like it if the MSM wasn't the worst. Fuck the MSM. Prison Rape the MSM.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I ask in good faith, skank, I assure you, I am trying to draw out what your view of it is, in more detail, but I am not in anyway laying a trap for you, it's all good, coach, don't listen to kybkh, he's a lunatic.
We are divided as a country. I want Trump to succeed. I understand that the MSM is trying to fuck Trump at every turn. I know that by taking the call it's a minor gaffe at best. I'd just like Trump to be smart enough to understand that he doesn't have to take on bullshit like this. He really doesn't. Attention to detail. If you really want to show strength to China, there has to be a better way, I'm not sure what that is by the way. But there has to be something more efficient.

I guess I'm just frustrated with politics right now. Because I don't have a side. I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican. I'm an American. I want us to succeed. This move just seems lazy. That's all. Sorry to get everyone in a tizzy. It wasn't intentional.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 pm

I'm not in a tizzy, just here by the fire enjoying a Jamesons, it's all good, as you said, we're just having a conversation.

Persuant to that; how would you, if you were President, "show strength to China", as you say?
Nec Aspera Terrent