Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

skankhunt42

Re: Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:For the record, sometimes I post things because I'm curious as to what you guys are going to say. I don't have a serious position on this matter. Also, I respect you guys too much to disrespect you. To be sure, If I have an actual opinion on something with evidence to back it up, I'll get into it. This isn't one of those times. If anything, I think it's hilarious that Trump took the call. Kudos to him.
Like I said, no harm no foul, I was just wondering what you, as an American, thought the ramifications were, me being curious, as a Canadian, about your view on it. Maybe it looks different to you, than it does to me from up here.
There are no ramifications. It just seems careless. It's also something that really shouldn't be reported. It's bullshit.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:11 pm

kybkh wrote:You think China's at rest?? They got fucking dredgers in the middle of the Pacific building airfields for no other purpose than to threaten US hedgemony.

They hack our industrial secrets then put the same product on the market to compete against the original version. Their J-31 is a copy of the F-35.

China ain't resting bro.
J-31 ain't no F-35, calm down, F-35 the program is messed up, F-35 the platform, is in a whole nother league from J-31, just because the Chinese made a 4th Gen fighter that looks like a 5th Gen superficially, that does not mean that they are fielding an actual 5th gen with VLO and Sensor Fusion, trust me, if LockMart is having trouble getting it to work, the Chinese sure don't have it figured out, J-31 is a flying Potemkin Village, it's not the real deal, you can't reverse engineer your way to an F-35.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:14 pm

skankhunt42 wrote: It just seems careless..
You don't think its time for America to just do what America thinks it should do, without checking with the Chinese first? It's not like Trump is pulling a MacArthur up the Chosin Reservoir here.
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote: It just seems careless..
You don't think its time for America to just do what America thinks it should do, without checking with the Chinese first? It's not like Trump is pulling a MacArthur up the Chosin Reservoir here.
As much as I want that, and I do, I'm not crazy about a guy doing it who hasn't even been in office for a day yet. If we did it after his first 100 days I'd feel a hell of a lot better about it. I feel like he'd have better intel at that point to make these kinds of decisions. I'm just trying to be pragmatic. I like the idea of being aggressive, I just want to be sound as a country.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Well it was the first Yo' mama joke china has heard in 8 years.

It's about time too. Fuck this take all our huddle masses jobs in the return for poorly made products jazz. Time to cut that shit off.

America First is gonna piss some people off but "what the fuck they gonna do about it"?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:20 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:As much as I want that, and I do, I'm not crazy about a guy doing it who hasn't even been in office for a day yet. If we did it after his first 100 days I'd feel a hell of a lot better about it. I feel like he'd have better intel at that point to make these kinds of decisions. I'm just trying to be pragmatic. I like the idea of being aggressive, I just want to be sound as a country.
What kind of Intel do you think would change the situation? You're clearly speculating as to Intel, so what do you speculate that it would say? What is it you think is going on behind the scenes, that makes you so nervous?
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:23 pm

;) I need to switch to bourbon.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:As much as I want that, and I do, I'm not crazy about a guy doing it who hasn't even been in office for a day yet. If we did it after his first 100 days I'd feel a hell of a lot better about it. I feel like he'd have better intel at that point to make these kinds of decisions. I'm just trying to be pragmatic. I like the idea of being aggressive, I just want to be sound as a country.
What kind of Intel do you think would change the situation? You're clearly speculating as to Intel, so what do you speculate that it would say? What is it you think is going on behind the scenes, that makes you so nervous?
I could ask you the same question. We are both aware how China feels about Taiwan. However, unless our government is worthless, is there not a common sense advocate inside of the government to warn the Donald what call to take, and what not to take? I have a friend that works for the government, at this stage in the game, he has less people advising him than you'd think.

If his plan is to tell China to fuck off at every point, cool, but I just think he's being naive and careless here because I watched the election process. I want Trump to succeed, this is the kind of shit, the lack of prep, efficiency, and attention to detail that scares me. Now the attention to detail has been a gaffe in just about every damn President, but the big difference between Donald and those is the shit media will be delivering an unholy amount of watch dogging. Trump has to be on point, and on his game. It matters. This was not a great play. This was moving a pawn across the board just because you can.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
I could ask you the same question. We are both aware how China feels about Taiwan. However, unless our government is worthless, is there not a common sense advocate inside of the government to warn the Donald what call to take, and what not to take? I have a friend that works for the government, at this stage in the game, he has less people advising him than you'd think.

If his plan is to tell China to fuck off at every point, cool, but I just think he's being naive and careless here because I watched the election process. I want Trump to succeed, this is the kind of shit, the lack of prep, efficiency, and attention to detail that scares me. Now the attention to detail has been a gaffe in just about every damn President, but the big difference between Donald and those is the shit media will be delivering an unholy amount of watch dogging. Trump has to be on point, and on his game. It matters. This was not a great play. This was moving a pawn across the board just because you can.
But all he did was talk to the president of Taiwan on the phone. :?: You make it sound like he's massing troops on the Yalu river. He's talking on the phone in a courtesy call, he hasn't told the Chinese to "fuck off".
Nec Aspera Terrent