Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

TheReal_ND

Re: Trump speaks with Taiwan President, China goes ape shit

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Lucky1936 wrote:I don't see how this is a big deal. Hasn't US foreign policy always been to stick up for Taiwan? Something to do with the fight between the Communists and Chiang Kai Shek?
This seems correct. Naturally China must posture.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
kybkh wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
What are the ramifications?
Mind the trip wire boys.
What trip wire? There's no US forces on Formosa, are you saying Korea? Okinawa? What trip wire are you referring to?
I was trying to warn skank from following up his original post by arguing that there were actual real ramifications the US should be concerned about over such a silly row.

He seemed to be implying that Trump had actually made a major mistake. Seemed rather apparent to me if he attempted a spiffy response to your question he'd be setting himself up for the first ass whipping on hash.com.
Last edited by kybkh on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Nah we're nice guys now. We're all nice guys everyone is welcome to post and disagree.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:57 pm

kybkh wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
kybkh wrote:
Mind the trip wire boys.
What trip wire? There's no US forces on Formosa, are you saying Korea? Okinawa? What trip wire are you referring to?
I was trying to warn skank from following up his original post by arguing that there were actual real ramifications the US should be concerned about over such a silly row.

He seemed to be implying that Trump had actually made a major mistake. Seemed rather apparent to me if he attempted a spiffy response to your question he'd be setting himself up for the first ass whipping on hash.com.
"When your enemy is at rest agitate" - Donald J Trump or that other famous Asian guy?
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:58 pm

I could see the claymore line all the way from the rear.

It was a passive warning anyways. A fair portion of me wanted to see the explosion.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:00 pm

kybkh wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
kybkh wrote:
Mind the trip wire boys.

Nah, I was just asking what he thought they were, he came back with nothing, so I guess he doesn't know after all, that doesn't rate a rhetorical ass whipping, it's not like he called me out, he just brushed it off.
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
kybkh wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Nah, I was just asking what he thought they were, he came back with nothing, so I guess he doesn't know after all, that doesn't rate a rhetorical ass whipping, it's not like he called me out.
For the record, sometimes I post things because I'm curious as to what you guys are going to say. I don't have a serious position on this matter. Also, I respect you guys too much to disrespect you. To be sure, If I have an actual opinion on something with evidence to back it up, I'll get into it. This isn't one of those times. If anything, I think it's hilarious that Trump took the call. Kudos to him.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:05 pm

You think China's at rest?? They got fucking dredgers in the middle of the Pacific building airfields for no other purpose than to threaten US hedgemony.

They hack our industrial secrets then put the same product on the market to compete against the original version. Their J-31 is a copy of the F-35.

They are competing for our mfg jobs while allowing mercury to run down their streets.

China ain't resting bro.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:06 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:For the record, sometimes I post things because I'm curious as to what you guys are going to say. I don't have a serious position on this matter. Also, I respect you guys too much to disrespect you. To be sure, If I have an actual opinion on something with evidence to back it up, I'll get into it. This isn't one of those times. If anything, I think it's hilarious that Trump took the call. Kudos to him.
Like I said, no harm no foul, I was just wondering what you, as an American, thought the ramifications were, me being curious, as a Canadian, about your view on it. Maybe it looks different to you, than it does to me from up here.
Nec Aspera Terrent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 pm

kybkh wrote:You think China's at rest?? They got fucking dredgers in the middle of the Pacific building airfields for no other purpose than to threaten US hedgemony.

They hack our industrial secrets then put the same product on the market to compete against the original version. Their J-31 is a copy of the F-35.

They are competing for our mfg jobs while allowing mercury to run down their streets.

China ain't resting bro.
Then you made my half ass point that Trump probably shouldn't have taken the call then right? I'm confused. I'm not pro Trump. I'm not anti Trump. If you take the call you show that you don't really respect China. It's equal to a yo mama joke, I get that, but hey, it's something. It's not tactful. I should note I want Trump to be successful. This just seems lazy taking the call. I dunno.