Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

Speaker to Animals

Re: Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:48 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:38 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
You're a fucking idiot, then.

TC might not be the sharpest stick in the woodpile, but it's clear what he meant about Carter, and it wasn't that Carter literally hijacked airplanes. FFS
No, you sparkling genius. He assigned Carter responsibility for the hijackings in the 70s. I simply asked whether that same responsibility should be applied to GWB, or any president that oversees a terrorist event. Because we can air a whole lot of grievances, pretending that POTUS is directly responsible for whatever happens in the world.

Then you completely missed the point, and sailed out over the cliffs. TC actually figured it out, and shut his trap.

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:00 am
Fife wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am
What's wrong with Carter?
Ask people who had to stand in gas lines for rationed gas and the people held by Iran, or the airplane hijackings during that time.
That is what he said.

He held Carter responsible for doing FUCK ALL about the Islamic terrorism targeting Americans all over the world, including many hijackings. This is one of the reasons Ronald Reagan got elected.

I mean.. fucking news flash.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:

TC might not be the sharpest stick in the woodpile, but it's clear what he meant about Carter, and it wasn't that Carter literally hijacked airplanes. FFS
No, you sparkling genius. He assigned Carter responsibility for the hijackings in the 70s. I simply asked whether that same responsibility should be applied to GWB, or any president that oversees a terrorist event. Because we can air a whole lot of grievances, pretending that POTUS is directly responsible for whatever happens in the world.

Then you completely missed the point, and sailed out over the cliffs. TC actually figured it out, and shut his trap.
See StA when you apply nuance it's "sailed over the cliffs" when he flubs and fucks up which he has in this case he going to wiggle out of it by claiming nuance. And if dirty dick thinks TC has shut his trap and given up, he in for a rude awakening.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:48 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The Conservative wrote:
Fife wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am
What's wrong with Carter?
Ask people who had to stand in gas lines for rationed gas and the people held by Iran, or the airplane hijackings during that time.
That is what he said.

He held Carter responsible for doing FUCK ALL about the Islamic terrorism targeting Americans all over the world, including many hijackings. This is one of the reasons Ronald Reagan got elected.

Pray tell, what should POTUS have done about that?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

See StA when you apply nuance it's "sailed over the cliffs" when he flubs and fucks up which he has in this case he going to wiggle out of it by claiming nuance. And if dirty dick thinks TC has shut his trap and given up, he in for a rude awakening.
I can’t imagine why nobody listens to you.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:06 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The Conservative wrote:

That is what he said.

I want you to imagine yourself about ten years from now. One of your sons was working in what was a secularized nation (let's say UK) for an American corporation. Jihadis take over the nation and take thousands of Americans hostage, torturing them, and parading them on international television. You get to see your son being tortured and dragged in front of computer and mobile screens all around the world.

You expect the American government to act in order to protect its citizens from international terrorism. The next day, your president goes on television and says "Pray tell, what should I do about this?" while telling you he will do NOTHING.

That is what Carter did. Fuck Carter. I would airdrop his faggot ass into Congo along with Fife.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Fucking Thomas Jefferson had like five or six warships total and sailed those bitches right across the Atlantic to fuck up 18th century jihadis who were kidnapping and enslaving American citizens.

It's the president's job.

"Pray tell what should he do about it".

Go fucking ask Jefferson then.

Go ask Wilson who sent Blackjack Pershing to Mexico commanding the Buffalo soldiers to wipe out Poncho Villa.

Every time some crazy Indians attacked and killed white people on the old frontier we sent cavalry out to crush whatever tribe was responsible.

Are you fucking high?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:18 pm

This is why I keep hammering on not allowing people like this guy to ever vote in federal elections.

No fucking clue that it is the job of the national government to -- you know -- protect the people of the nation and their interests abroad. Here was a case of a president who failed utterly at that task, was an embarrassment among American presidents (which is really spectacular when you consider the line-up here), and SF has no fucking clue why Carter was such a failure. He doesn't even get the purpose of the federal government to actually provide security to the American people, protect them from invasion, protect them from being murdered, captured, or enslaved by foreign governments and pirate/terrorists groups abroad. He doesn't even get the point of a God damned border.

Of course he is confused by assigning Carter responsibility for failing to fulfill the obligations of the president. The American people got the problem loud and clear, which is why Reagan was elected. I was really young back then, but I still remember the yellow ribbons everywhere. I still remember every single night Dan Rather going on there and talking about what new outrage was committed against Americans kidnapped abroad, or blown up in terror attacks, and so on.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:07 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I can’t imagine why nobody listens to you.
You think people listen to you? Just to see what you are wrong about. I started the list that everybody adds to for your foolishness. You are wrong, you are always wrong. You can set your watch to it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:06 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

That is what he said.

I want you to imagine yourself about ten years from now. One of your sons was working in what was a secularized nation (let's say UK) for an American corporation. Jihadis take over the nation and take thousands of Americans hostage, torturing them, and parading them on international television. You get to see your son being tortured and dragged in front of computer and mobile screens all around the world.

You expect the American government to act in order to protect its citizens from international terrorism. The next day, your president goes on television and says "Pray tell, what should I do about this?" while telling you he will do NOTHING.

That is what Carter did. Fuck Carter. I would airdrop his faggot ass into Congo along with Fife.
Actually, Carter did plenty to piss off OPEC, thats why they hijacked airplanes and shit.

That’s also why we had the gas shortage during his term. Or was that just another ‘completely random thing to respond to’?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:12 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:06 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Actually, Carter did plenty to piss off OPEC, thats why they hijacked airplanes and shit.

That’s also why we had the gas shortage during his term. Or was that just another ‘completely random thing to respond to’?
What??

OPEC did not hijack airplanes.