Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

skankhunt42

Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:37 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ation.html

"While the nation’s economy recovered steadily, over
6 in 10
Americans said the country was on the wrong track."
Source: Washington Post-ABC News polls

The Washington Post did a very good job in summarizing the Obama Presidency in the article above. I chose that quote because it's a great example of the cognitive dissonance the media has with the people. Clearly Obama is a polarizing President and to be sure, he may not be as bad or as good as his constituents or political enemies think.

Personally, I find him to be a very average President. In football terms, I felt he was almost an interim Head Coach. He never really used his strength as President. On several issues he stood back and watched, which is a choice, and a weak one at that. Obamacare will be remembered as a failure, and much of the civil unrest that happened on his watch he really took a back seat and was a bystander. You can't lead hiding in your office as they say. In all, I think he will be remembered as the "cool" President to some, and his legacy might be the creation of the Neo-Liberal agenda. Nothing about his run will or should be lionized.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Ex-California

Re: Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 am

The economy didn't recover for real people. Wages stagnated and dropped while jobs continued to flee. Any job "recovery" was a good paying mfg. or trade job being replaced by a minimum wage service job.

He also affected no real change, continued wars and imperialism, and caved to Wall Street. Compared to Bush Jr, he's good, but like Dan said in one of the recent CS episodes we haven't had a "great" President in most people's lifetime.

He's midrange average. Obviously he'll be looked at as a historical president because of his race, but that's all he has going for him really
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:40 am

AndrewBennett wrote:The economy didn't recover for real people. Wages stagnated and dropped while jobs continued to flee. Any job "recovery" was a good paying mfg. or trade job being replaced by a minimum wage service job.

He also affected no real change, continued wars and imperialism, and caved to Wall Street. Compared to Bush Jr, he's good, but like Dan said in one of the recent CS episodes we haven't had a "great" President in most people's lifetime.

He's midrange average. Obviously he'll be looked at as a historical president because of his race, but that's all he has going for him really
That and the peace prize, which was a political statement. I don't believe he actually deserved it.

Like AB said, his race will be his legacy, as well as his public image that he's fostered through media and entertainment. I'd like to see a president who won't try and desperately pander to young people by making fools of themselves in public, but I doubt it.

Strap yourselves in, people. Dog and Pony shows forever!

Cascul

Post by Cascul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:32 am

I think he'll end up being the Regan of the left just for being black and the healthcare reforms. He has had a great public image with the populist democrats because of his charisma. 20 years from now they will think how great he was and how if they only had another president like that everything would be fixed.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:04 am

Cascul wrote:I think he'll end up being the Regan of the left just for being black and the healthcare reforms. He has had a great public image with the populist democrats because of his charisma. 20 years from now they will think how great he was and how if they only had another president like that everything would be fixed.

You're probably right. :(
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:17 am

I think he will be mostly just remembered as the first black president, and not for much else. He won't have a particularly bad or good reputation, mostly neutral.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 08, 2018 8:01 pm

The Obama Legacy will be President Donald Trump.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 pm

No matter how much you may hate him, he was the final “statesman” president, before we descended into reality tv.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 09, 2018 7:24 pm

:roll:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed May 09, 2018 7:26 pm

LOL, "reality TV" took over in November 2016, and all you fucking hicks let it happen.

:goteam: :drunk: