Social Justice Warriors Thread

Martin Hash

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:04 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:01 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:59 pm
The problem with FB, with social media in general, really, is that cretins have the same say as you do. Blocking is the only defense. I got a few thousand folks that Follow me, but that's nothing; the enemies are waiting just out of earshot to brigade anything I say if I step outside my bubble.
It's worse than that. The people that have no experience, no skills, and no knowledge have more say than you do.
I shouldn't say this...

I do my son's taxes. I'm a CPA; I save him 1000s of $ but his wife (a millennial White woman) constantly 2nd guesses my abilities. It causes a lot of strife in his marriage. I'm going to let her do their taxes next year. How did we fucking get here?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:04 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
The problem with FB, with social media in general, really, is that cretins have the same say as you do. Blocking is the only defense. I got a few thousand folks that Follow me, but that's nothing; the enemies are waiting just out of earshot to brigade anything I say if I step outside my bubble.
It's worse than that. The people that have no experience, no skills, and no knowledge have more say than you do.
I shouldn't say this...

I do my son's taxes. I'm a CPA; I save him 1000s of $ but his wife (a millennial White woman) constantly 2nd guesses my abilities. It causes a lot of strife in his marriage. I'm going to let her do their taxes next year. How did we fucking get to this?
That’s been the female role for a long time. I’m regularly underestimated by mine.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm

You know, I remember the first time I read Atlas Shrugged, I recoiled at the descriptions of all the principle antagonists and the looters as a whole. I thought it was really malicious to portray them as grasping, lazy, entitled, dishonest, and ultimately violent. But now that the mask of the left has been taken off, Rand seems like a prophet.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:09 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
I do my son's taxes. I'm a CPA; I save him 1000s of $ but his wife (a millennial White woman) constantly 2nd guesses my abilities. It causes a lot of strife in his marriage. I'm going to let her do their taxes next year. How did we fucking get here?
What's the point of having a family if you can't rely on each other to help out? I'm competent but I still talk to my dad about various life issues, including money. Why pass up on the wisdom?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:09 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm
You know, I remember the first time I read Atlas Shrugged, I recoiled at the descriptions of all the principle antagonists and the looters as a whole. I thought it was really malicious to portray them as grasping, lazy, entitled, dishonest, and ultimately violent. But now that the mask of the left has been taken off, Rand seems like a prophet.
Rand described it perfectly but her remedy was feudalism. (Rand's love life was a catastrophe. I always say, "look at the fruits of their labor," to identify people who aren't quite on point. Rand got some things perfectly correct but on the whole, yikes, fame isn't everything.)

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Rand described it perfectly but her remedy was feudalism. (Rand's love life was a catastrophe. I always say, "look at the fruits of their labor," to identify people who aren't quite on point. Rand got some things perfectly correct but on the whole, yikes, fame isn't everything.)
I honestly have read enough of her work to be able to give an accurate assessment of her philosophy. But yeah her critique of the marxist personality type is spot on.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:12 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:

I shouldn't say this...

I do my son's taxes. I'm a CPA; I save him 1000s of $ but his wife (a millennial White woman) constantly 2nd guesses my abilities. It causes a lot of strife in his marriage. I'm going to let her do their taxes next year. How did we fucking get to this?
That’s been the female role for a long time. I’m regularly underestimated by mine.
I got as close to a perfect marriage as there is; which still makes me the bad guy a lot of the time. However, my wife NEVER second guesses my abilities; she's been around and witnessed the results.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm

In case anybody here doesn't already know: I'm a dick.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
I shouldn't say this...

Offer to do his, married but filed separately.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:07 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm
In case anybody here doesn't already know: I'm a dick.
Dick, meet Cookie Jar
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience