Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:59 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:56 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 am
Mom kills son, Court jails Father
Boy Dies in Mom’s Care — Court Jails Dad for Criticizing the Judge Who Gave Her Custody
https://pluralist.com/jonathan-vanderha ... dge/45566/
You forgot to mention
Police found there was no evidence Killian’s mother was responsible for his death.
Oh, so that makes is justice to jail the father ?
Did I mention the father?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:14 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 am
@Fife - out of my realm, but any claim of abuse of power and wrongful inprisonment - against judge personally? And/or state? King can’t be sued for mistakes, but he can’t abuse his power.
Not a popcorn fart's chance in a hurricane.

IT'S LEGALLLLLL

Pretty standard GTLA analysis I reckon. If it's "within the scope" of the judge's jurisdiction, fuggedaboutit.

Judicial Immunity

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:26 am

Judges in Cook county family court are above the law and they all act as if they are well-aware of it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:49 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:26 am
Judges in Cook county family court are above the law and they all act as if they are well-aware of it.
This is why Judges were tarred, feathered and run out of town on rail in the 1770's.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:12 am

Star Trek Discovery: Acclaimed writer Walter Mosley OUT
You should read the article. It's the type of totalitarianism they want to bring to all of us.

Mosley wrote: ‘I’d been in the new room for a few weeks when I got the call from human resources. A pleasant-sounding young man said, “Mr. Mosley, it has been reported that you used the n-word in the writers’ room”.

‘I just told a story about a cop who explained to me, on the streets of Los Angeles, that he stopped all n*****s in paddy neighborhoods and all paddies in n***** neighborhoods, because they were usually up to no good.’

I was in a writers’ room trying to be creative while at the same time being surveilled by unknown critics who would snitch on me to a disembodied voice over the phone. My every word would be scrutinized. Sooner or later I’d be fired or worse — silenced.

There’s all kinds of language that makes me uncomfortable. Half the utterances of my president, for instance. Some people’s sexual habits and desires. But I have no right whatsoever to tell anyone what they should and should not cherish or express.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/07/star-tre ... to=cbshare

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... om-1237489
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mosley
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:07 am

Women's rights!

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:59 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:56 am

You forgot to mention
Oh, so that makes is justice to jail the father ?
Did I mention the father?
But the headline clearly did. That is the injustice being railed against and you know it. Example #4862 of you being a dishonest partisan hack bitch.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:13 am

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Ring girls could be banned for monster UFC 243 card in Melbourne
Melbourne is gearing up for a blockbuster UFC card in October, but several politicians have called for the ring girls to be banned.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/ring- ... 73724eb86a

The much-loved Octagon Girls could be banned from a UFC event in Australia next month after a politician claimed the tradition was “outdated”.

Similar to boxing, mixed martial arts deploys scantily-clad females to parade around the cage prior to each round at their events.

That has led to the likes of Chrissy Blair, Brittney Palmer, Arianny Celeste and Jhenny Andrade all becoming huge favourites with fight fans across the globe.

However, ahead of UFC 243 at Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium on October 6, Dana White’s promotion is facing calls for the “sexist and backward” custom to be axed.

And Lord Mayor of Melbourne Sally Capp is leading the charge.

“It’s [Current Year], do we really still need scantily clad women to wander around the middle of a fighting ring between rounds?” she told the Herald Sun.

“Grid girls are no longer part of Formula One, walk-on girls are no longer part of professional darts — surely it’s time to move on.”

Grid girls were banned from last year’s F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne with walk-on girls later being axed from the darts world championships.

Now Capp is receiving plenty of support in her quest to put the Octagon girls out of work.

“The Grand Prix did the right thing in ending the use of grid girls and we encourage other events to make similar moves,” a spokesperson for Victorian premier Daniel Andrews said.

The attempted stand against UFC comes after ring girls were barred for a bumper boxing event last weekend.

Former world champ Jeff Horn was knocked out by Michael Zerafa at the Battle of Bendigo.

But pre-event, promoters decided to replace the females with a man to perform the pre-round duties following fierce criticism from councillors and women’s advocacy groups.

Trio Tammy Bills, Demey Maconachie and Kalista Thomas were all axed in favour of “fight progress managers” — a man in trousers and a shirt.

Local councillor Yvonne Wrigglesworth had argued beforehand “stereotypes of this nature was not respectful of women”.

“Being respectful of women is key to eliminating other forms of violence, especially violence towards women and children,” fellow politician Jennifer Alden blasted.

Ring girls get to travel the world with UFC and reportedly earn around $A36,000-a-year for their part-time work with the promotion, with many going on to secure modelling contracts and other TV work.