Social Justice Warriors Thread

TheReal_ND

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:09 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:15 pm
A novel idea to eat something you disagree with instead of the other way around.
Underrated

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:42 am

I'm glad I'm not required by law to learn and correctly use all of these. Yet...

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:59 am

That was perfect grammer, neger.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:47 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:42 am
I'm glad I'm not required by law to learn and correctly use all of these. Yet...

How widespread is that gender-neutral "hen" (or was it hön?) thing we started hearing about a few years back? Did it catch on in the wider Swedish public, or was it just a few progessive kindergardens that bothered with it?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:54 am

It is hen. It's in use. Quite practical sometimes. It's mostly a replacement for when you would say "him or her". A lot of people who write stuff like manuals and use cases like it.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 am

Huh. Danish media and commentators still sometimes bring that one up jokingly as an example of the "overly politically correct Swedes" stereotype. Good to know it's used in the way you describe, instead.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:12 am

I read a book by a gay guy that literally could not stop sucking dicka who redpilled me on the Gaelic tradition of naming tools and common objects with gendered pronouns. It's blatent in languages like Spanish with obvious Latin roots.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:20 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:12 am
I read a book by a gay guy that literally could not stop sucking dicka who redpilled me on the Gaelic tradition of naming tools and common objects with gendered pronouns. It's blatent in languages like Spanish with obvious Latin roots.
There is a great debate now about the French language. It's very gendered in the way you describe. The Canadians (of course) have gone ahead and de-gendered their French. The opposition towards this among conservative scholars in France is very strong but it wouldn't surprise me if their Marxists win as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... sm/545048/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... l-language

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:11 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:20 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:12 am
There is a great debate now about the French language. It's very gendered in the way you describe. The Canadians (of course) have gone ahead and de-gendered their French. The opposition towards this among conservative scholars in France is very strong but it wouldn't surprise me if their Marxists win as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... sm/545048/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... l-language

What about Spanish - they way all our undocumented speak is insensitive and hateful.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session