Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:17 am

We had one and then like a fucking cuck you cheered when Trump's pajeet repealed it. Now anybody who doesn't toe the Marxist line is getting yanked off social media and offline from coast to coast. Pat yourself on the head.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm

I think abandoning the free press in favour of social media posts and blog sites is more dangerous than the partisan biases in your MSM.

One of the main complaints about the media before your last election was that it didn't hold the POTUS to accountability for his actions. It's a little disingenuous to now support Trump when he dismisses unfavourable reporting as fake news and excludes certain major news organisations from Whitehouse press conferences.
No one is abandoning the Free Press, in fact I'm begging for Free Press. What we have now is corporate giants, where what's news worthy and factual is decided by a bunch of suits with MBAs from Harvard sitting around a conference table, not the reporter on the street.

The internet and use of social media are the blackmarket hidden printing machines of the present day. What we see happening is the International Media Giants squashing Free Speech when the corporate media doesn't like the message. People are getting banned for saying Learn to Code.

Circling back strictly to Free Press. Small outlets like Gateway Pundit have just a good a track record for putting out factual reporting as does the corporate media. In fact, much better in many cases. The Conservatie Treehouse is BY FAR, the best investigative reporting on facts behind the DOJ/FBI Coup attempt. An attempted Coup of the most powerful country in the world is very news worthy, but instead you have those MBAs in the media boardroom in on the coup.
That's not Free Press.
A free press is one which is allowed to report without hindrance from authority.
Refusing major organisations access to press conferences, refusing to answer questions from those who are critical and dismissing negative press as fake news are all hindrances.

Story selection is inherent bias but both sides do that. I might ask ''where are Fox news's reports about the positive aspects of immigration?''

If there was no free press then where did you read about the ''coup'' ?
No authority is suppressing Breitbart's (or whomever's) ability to publish the story.

CNN is not duty bound to run positive stories about Trump anymore than Fox was duty bound to run positive stories about Obama.
The responsibility and duty of the media is to not lie or distort the truth.
Gateway Pundit has done that as you admitted yourself over the Tommy Robinson prison story where they lied about 70% Muslim populations and the home secretary being responsible for moving him (implying that he did it because he is a Muslim) when it is only the prison secretary who has that power.
The danger is that conspiracy theories like those can lead to Islamophobic attacks on random brown people. Like the one I discussed last night where a case of drunk driving was distorted into an act of Islamic terrorism and a cover-up when the driver wasn't even Muslim (he was Hindu) and his family now have to be protected from the far right groups distorting the truth.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:53 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:58 am
No way there are still people who believe American press isn’t biased.
It is, both sides are biased. I don't see how you can avoid that. The danger is people conflating bias with fake news.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 am

"both sides"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:25 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:47 am
No, you are hopeless at reading comprehension.
This is what I said...
It could be argued that there are so many negative stories about Trump because his leadership has been so dreadful and decisive so any figure about 90% negative is also very subjective.
Note I made no mention of what percentage I consider Trump to be ''bad''.
My point, which you missed entirely, was that a high percentage of ''negative'' stories shouldn't be assumed to be biased. If 90% of stories about Stalin were negative is that a reflection of bias?
90% is therefore subjective, depending on the reader's bias as much as the coverage's bias.
I understand perfectly what you are saying. I'm disputing that. Exhibit A: Russia, Russia, Russia. Add to that the many positive stories that they ignore and any thinking person can figure out the 90% figure is biased BS.

If they were reporting on a sport like baseball, all they would tell you is who struck out and never tell you who hit a home run. You'd be reading their story thinking, man these guys are terrible, all they do is strike out.
It's ridiculous that you expect the Liberal media to search for and report positive stories about Trump. It would be just as ridiculous to expect the RW media to report positive stories about the Democrats.
If you want to read about the RW perspective you can find it on Fox, if you want to read the Liberal perspective you can find it on CNN. If you want to work out the truth you'll have to read both.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 am
"both sides"
The fact that you think only one side is doing it says more about you than it says about the media.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 am
"both sides"
The fact that you think only one side is doing it says more about you than it says about the media.
The MSM is just one side, dude.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 am

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am
Montegriffo wrote:
"both sides"
Funny, I don't see you complaining about Fox News's biases.
If you think that blog sites are any less biased you are fooling yourself.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Fox News is propaganda too, dumbass. They are a globalist dumpster fire run by a shady Aussie.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 am

Fox News is propaganda too, dumbass. They are a globalist dumpster fire run by a shady Aussie.
OK, that's good that you say that.
Now explain how Breitbart isn't the propaganda wing of the ''alt-right''.