Social Justice Warriors Thread

pineapplemike

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:30 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:02 pm

It could be argued that there are so many negative stories about Trump because his leadership has been so dreadful and decisive so any figure about 90% negative is also very subjective.
Another problem is that if there is a story exposing a negative aspect of Trump's presidency the RW media doesn't cover it so I am forced to use a left-wing source which is then dismissed as biased.
Hell, I'd take that. But that's not what the stories are about. It's about Coastal Elites not accepting the results of the 2016 Election and the fabricated Russian baba yaga. The Smollett case is a prime example. Here this guy hated Trump so much, he faked a Hate Crime against his fellow countrymen, against people of another race.

Think about what would have happened if a couple of Trump kids just happened to be in the vicinity wearing MAGA hats that night. They probably would have been arrested and tried with a Hate Crime.
doesn't even have to be maga hats, i'd hate to be the poor bastard that wore this chicago cubs hat in chicago that night

Last edited by pineapplemike on Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

It could be argued that there are so many negative stories about Trump because his leadership has been so dreadful and decisive so any figure about 90% negative is also very subjective.
Another problem is that if there is a story exposing a negative aspect of Trump's presidency the RW media doesn't cover it so I am forced to use a left-wing source which is then dismissed as biased.
Hell, I'd take that. But that's not what the stories are about. It's about Coastal Elites not accepting the results of the 2016 Election and the fabricated Russian baba yaga. The Smollett case is a prime example. Here this guy hated Trump so much, he faked a Hate Crime against his fellow countrymen, against people of another race.

Think about what would have happened if a couple of Trump kids just happened to be in the vicinity wearing MAGA hats that night. They probably would have been arrested and tried with a Hate Crime.
Well, that could be explained by the simple fact that celebrity stories sell.
Just look at the coverage of the Micheal Jackson trial or that of OJ Simpson.
I don't think you should really blame the media for covering Smollett's lies. It's not as if any of the leftist media are still claiming his story is true.

I think abandoning the free press in favour of social media posts and blog sites is more dangerous than the partisan biases in your MSM.

One of the main complaints about the media before your last election was that it didn't hold the POTUS to accountability for his actions. It's a little disingenuous to now support Trump when he dismisses unfavourable reporting as fake news and excludes certain major news organisations from Whitehouse press conferences.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I don't think you should really blame the media for covering Smollett's lies. It's not as if any of the leftist media are still claiming his story is true.

I think abandoning the free press in favour of social media posts and blog sites is more dangerous than the partisan biases in your MSM.

One of the main complaints about the media before your last election was that it didn't hold the POTUS to accountability for his actions. It's a little disingenuous to now support Trump when he dismisses unfavourable reporting as fake news and excludes certain major news organisations from Whitehouse press conferences.
I mostly agree, and would add that its also an important problem when / if the msm is actively trying to spread disinformation not just biased information. There is a difference and it does matter.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:58 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I mostly agree, and would add that its also an important problem when / if the msm is actively trying to spread disinformation not just biased information. There is a difference and it does matter.
I agree and I think there should be consequences for deliberately spreading false information but when action is taken as in the Infowars case you do leave yourselves open to accusations of censorship. I personally believe it was unacceptable to lie about Sandy Hook being a hoax and it caused very real distress for the families of the victims and resulted in cases of them being confronted in public and accused of being ''crisis actors''. I hope the courts will eventually catch up with Alex Jones and all the money he has made from spreading these lies will be taken from him and divided amongst the victims of his sensationalist distortions of the truth.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:19 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wow, look at this excuse for partisan hack bitch bullshit. What a complete disingenuous bitch we have here.
Last edited by clubgop on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:14 am

CBS’s Lara Logan Calls Media ‘Mostly Liberal’ in Scorched Earth Interview: I’m Committing ‘Professional Suicide’
In a recent interview, CBS News Foreign Correspondent Lara Logan critiqued the international “liberal” media while holding up outlets like Breitbart as the opposite side of the coin.

Logan spoke to retired Navy SEAL Mike Ritland about a variety of topics on Friday for his Mike Drop podcast (h/t Breitbart), and the conversation eventually turned towards her agreement with Ritland that “the media everywhere is mostly liberal, not just the U.S.” As Logan lamented that voter registration among journalists shows that the media is out of balance, she came with a metaphor to explain how she believes the press is tinged by the sameness of opinion.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:51 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:24 am

Hate to say this but it should have been taken with a grain of salt in the first place...
Not at all. It was a serious allegation and should be investigated as such.
Hoaxing the police is also a serious offence so either way, it should be followed through and evidence collected for a prosecution.
No, it was not a serious allegation. That was the problem the proof did not back the statement.

The fact the story was destroyed so quickly, and with very little effort should have been an indication.

The fact everybody jumped on it without any evidence, but went forward with pure emotion and accused an entire group of people for doing something that did not happen is more egregious than the perverbial non-act.

The fact it was allowed to get even an iota of ink without any facts to back it up, is not only an issue that shows a true inability of depressed to actually do their job. It is more proof that the media is if anything anti-tromp because if somebody just says MAGA the press and the media freak out.

Personally, this store should never of even gotten to the front page they should’ve stayed in the back page or not even published until the fact were given and verified. There are people out there stupid enough that will believe this story, that the media and the right wing entities are all covering it up now. People like Elizabeth Warren have deleted their tweets about this because they know they were wrong, and that train was on the verge of derailment.

People like Elizabeth Warren and all those who are in public positions should be held accountable for what they’ve done, the police should arrest Schmaltz or however you say his name, and make sure his career is ruined.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The "free press" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh *whew* "free press" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are hopeless. You actually believe that the reason 90% or stories about Trump are negative is because he really is 90% bad. On local radio they do a piece each week detailing the positives (well probably not to Liberals) that his administration has accomplished. There are many positive things he and Melania have done that moderate Democrats (if there are any left) would approve of, but those are buried by the MSM.

Nothing is more dangerous than the openly hostile bias the MSM is propagating. They are ones the vast majority hears from. What is more dangerous than a mob of media outlets endlessly playing back a selected video clip for millions upon millions of viewers in order to shame and ruin the lives of teenagers who did nothing worse than smile and act a little bit like any teenagers in the world? And doing so without any care as to what the truth is? That is far more dangerous than a blog or YT site that gets less than 50,000 hits.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:47 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 am

You are hopeless. You actually believe that the reason 90% or stories about Trump are negative is because he really is 90% bad.
No, you are hopeless at reading comprehension.
This is what I said...
Note I made no mention of what percentage I consider Trump to be ''bad''.
My point, which you missed entirely, was that a high percentage of ''negative'' stories shouldn't be assumed to be biased. If 90% of stories about Stalin were negative is that a reflection of bias?
90% is therefore subjective, depending on the reader's bias as much as the coverage's bias.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 am

Montegriffo wrote:

No one is abandoning the Free Press, in fact I'm begging for Free Press. What we have now is corporate giants, where what's news worthy and factual is decided by a bunch of suits with MBAs from Harvard sitting around a conference table, not the reporter on the street.

The internet and use of social media are the blackmarket hidden printing machines of the present day. What we see happening is the International Media Giants squashing Free Speech when the corporate media doesn't like the message. People are getting banned for saying Learn to Code.

Circling back strictly to Free Press. Small outlets like Gateway Pundit have just a good a track record for putting out factual reporting as does the corporate media. In fact, much better in many cases. The Conservatie Treehouse is BY FAR, the best investigative reporting on facts behind the DOJ/FBI Coup attempt. An attempted Coup of the most powerful country in the world is very news worthy, but instead you have those MBAs in the media boardroom in on the coup.
That's not Free Press.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience