Social Justice Warriors Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:22 am

Our 10yo has been getting called a 'racist' by one of the 2 black girls in his choir class.

The only thing that he can tell me is that it started when they had some kind of conversation about Chinese people.

I have no idea whether it's serious, or will be taken seriously, so there's nothing that I can do about it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Our 10yo has been getting called a 'racist' by one of the 2 black girls in his choir class.

The only thing that he can tell me is that it started when they had some kind of conversation about Chinese people.

I have no idea whether it's serious, or will be taken seriously, so there's nothing that I can do about it.
You need to go talk to your kids teacher, I personally always hated that, but it's necessary. My wife is a teacher and they have an incredible amount of pull if things ever get serious. For instance, teachers statements can be used as a neutral 3rd party in custody hearings. So it's important to engage your kids teachers, get your POV out there, be reasonable and show you are an engaged parent.

If that fails, giver your kid a copy of the 5 Chinese Brothers to read at school.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Our 10yo has been getting called a 'racist' by one of the 2 black girls in his choir class.

So you don't really know why black kids called your (*what is your kids ethnicity?) I've heard many middle school kids call other kids "racist" as a joke. Basically not really serious or at least just saying it to be loud and obnoxious.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am

At this point, accusing somebody of being racist basically means the person is a white male. Best response is to thank them for the compliment and tell them they are welcome for modernity.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am

GloryofGreece wrote:

So you don't really know why black kids called your (*what is your kids ethnicity?) I've heard many middle school kids call other kids "racist" as a joke. Basically not really serious or at least just saying it to be loud and obnoxious.
He's a chubby white kid. Wouldn't hurt a fly.

I suspect it's just a dumbass joke, but it annoys me that I'd even have to worry about it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:At this point, accusing somebody of being racist basically means the person is a white male. Best response is to thank them for the compliment and tell them they are welcome for modernity.
Or adopt the same code the brothers have for the n-word; any white person within earshot of another white person being called racist is socially obligated to help beat the accuser down.
:P
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 am

You know, I hope when it all goes down they wear these hats, they would make easy targets...
#NotOneRedCent

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 am

Eventhough its pretty much never serious, hearing black kids repeatedly call other students (*basically anyone that isn't black) "racist" gets really annoying for sure. Its also a bit disturbing but indicative of the times we live in. They are chirping what they've heard on tv and their parents say. That's that. Shit, kids will call another kid a racist for basically just calling someone "black", or even mentioning something that really has nothing to do with race. Its odd but best to ignore it b/c drawing more attention to it (other than say, "let's move or stop focus on your homework etc.) draws more attention to it and makes it worse IMO. A lot of "teaching" is a balancing act and choosing your "battles" etc.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:55 am

GloryofGreece wrote:Eventhough its pretty much never serious, hearing black kids repeatedly call other students (*basically anyone that isn't black) "racist" gets really annoying for sure. Its also a bit disturbing but indicative of the times we live in. They are chirping what they've heard on tv and their parents say. That's that. Shit, kids will call another kid a racist for basically just calling someone "black", or even mentioning something that really has nothing to do with race. Its odd but best to ignore it b/c drawing more attention to it (other than say, "let's move or stop focus on your homework etc.) draws more attention to it and makes it worse IMO. A lot of "teaching" is a balancing act and choosing your "battles" etc.

Pfft, I hear more black kids calling each other the N word than I care to admit... most black kids in my mind have no right to scream racism when they openly do it to themselves every day.
#NotOneRedCent

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 am

The Conservative wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:Eventhough its pretty much never serious, hearing black kids repeatedly call other students (*basically anyone that isn't black) "racist" gets really annoying for sure. Its also a bit disturbing but indicative of the times we live in. They are chirping what they've heard on tv and their parents say. That's that. Shit, kids will call another kid a racist for basically just calling someone "black", or even mentioning something that really has nothing to do with race. Its odd but best to ignore it b/c drawing more attention to it (other than say, "let's move or stop focus on your homework etc.) draws more attention to it and makes it worse IMO. A lot of "teaching" is a balancing act and choosing your "battles" etc.

Pfft, I hear more black kids calling each other the N word than I care to admit... most black kids in my mind have no right to scream racism when they openly do it to themselves every day.
Unfortunately most people are hypocrites to one degree on another, and black subculture isn't unique to that characteristic. Its a human nature thing. But specifically with feigning "racism" its mostly a combination (at least in K-12) of amusement and controlling the classroom that lies at the bottom of why black kids do it. They want to have the stage and dominate the conversation going on. Most don't think trivial shit people say is actually racist they just want a reaction, a joke, and more attention. That's all.