FDA trials for ecstasy for PTSD

Xenophon

Re: FDA trials for ecstasy for PTSD

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:42 am

Is there an increased potential for abuse? It seems to me that X would effect you psychologically more than the pain pills people are getting hooked on nowadays.

Cascul

Post by Cascul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:39 am

It can be pretty hard coming off of them after regular use. I've had several friends that were pretty heavy into it and they were scaring themselves with how much of a black depression they got into when they weren't on it. Some monitoring by doctors would help make sure those effects were minimized, but then again, many people with PTSD already suffer depression.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:50 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Have you ever tried MDMA? It can be therapeutic.
I did back in college. It was a blast but I don't know about therapeutic. Cannabis however sure in the heck is. Depression, Anxiety, pain, and much more.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:56 am

Cascul wrote:It can be pretty hard coming off of them after regular use. I've had several friends that were pretty heavy into it and they were scaring themselves with how much of a black depression they got into when they weren't on it. Some monitoring by doctors would help make sure those effects were minimized, but then again, many people with PTSD already suffer depression.
Bingo. Israel uses cannabis to treat PTSD with great success. Yet the FDA is not approving studies. :x It's all about the money. They don't want an option were people can grow their own medicine in their back yards. They want you 100% reliant on them for your medical needs. Big pharma controls the FDA to a great degree and they want our money and the best way to do that is to be our legal dope dealers. :evil:

Cascul

Post by Cascul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:58 am

With several states going to marijuana legalization or medical legalization is that a big deal?

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:10 am

Cascul wrote:With several states going to marijuana legalization or medical legalization is that a big deal?
Because if it's not Federally approved employers can terminate people that use it for medicine. With just state approval employers can terminate people that use cannabis for medicine.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:22 am

There is a full on renaissance for psychedelic therapy...

Early results coming in for alcoholism, smoking, treatment resistant depression, PTSD and even autism...

The early results look eye popping... we'll see how it pans out.

The idea is time limited intervention rather than chronic treatment...
Marijuana is typically seen as chronic treatment - like the usual psych drugs...
The psychedelics are being used to augment a very brief therapy and not be part of ongoing management.

Cure rather than palliation... Very little profit in it.... Psychopharm industry will try to crush it.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:40 am

DrYouth wrote:There is a full on renaissance for psychedelic therapy...

Early results coming in for alcoholism, smoking, treatment resistant depression, PTSD and even autism...

The early results look eye popping... we'll see how it pans out.

The idea is time limited intervention rather than chronic treatment...
Marijuana is typically seen as chronic treatment - like the usual psych drugs...
The psychedelics are being used to augment a very brief therapy and not be part of ongoing management.

Cure rather than palliation... Very little profit in it.... Psychopharm industry will try to crush it.
DMT might be way better than Ecstasy for that propose.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:38 pm

It may be that each drug has a bit of a different angle.

Ecstacy seems to be best for accessing the capacity for emotional connection... which might be useful for autism for example.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:50 pm

I am skeptical, ARAIK X messes with your serotonin and other brain chemicals that concern happiness.

I mean, of course taking awesome drugs makes you feel good and maybe see some things in a new light.

Also, you last forever. :twisted: