THE ERA OF TRUMP

The Conservative

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:32 am
Much of what Trump Jr. has written in Triggered has come under criticism, particularly his comparison of the "sacrifice" made by his family with the ultimate price paid by those who had died in armed conflict, according to Salon.

"I rarely get emotional, if ever," Trump Jr. wrote about his visit to Arlington National Cemetery. "I guess you'd call me hyper-rational, stoic. Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country."

He also wrote about "all the attacks we'd already suffered as a family and about all the sacrifices we'd have to make to help my father succeed—voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off the office.'"

Trump Jr.'s words were commented on by Democrat Congressman Ruben Gallego who tweeted, "Eight men I served with are buried in Section 60 of Arlington. Sacrifice is only a word to the Trumps."
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-j-trump ... me-1470754
Salon is a real paper of record?

Also, Ruben Gallego a Chicago born Democrat. He sold his soul a long time ago.

And eight men he served with, not to put a fine point on it, but their names?

Not that I don't believe him, but democrats have lied in the past about military service to shut people up.

And if they would not be ”eight men I served with” it would be brothers in arms... Etc.

Whenever I hear a friend of mine lose a battle with depression, their service mates don't say they served with a man. They say they served with a brother.

So call me skeptical if he actually served with them, that they may have been stationed with him and that's it.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:52 am

No comparisons to see here folks, move along now...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:52 am

Not a single one. He simply said that their greater sacrifice caused him to think about him and his families lesser sacrifices. You just cant fucking read and assume he thought the sacrifices were equivalent because Trump Derangement Syndrome, you always want to believe the worst about any Trump, even when there is no reason to jump to such a conclusion.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Not a single one. He simply said that their greater sacrifice caused him to think about him and his families lesser sacrifices. You just cant fucking read and assume he thought the sacrifices were equivalent because Trump Derangement Syndrome, you always want to believe the worst about any Trump, even when there is no reason to jump to such a conclusion.
Show me where he said ''greater sacrifices'' or ''lesser sacrifices''.
He is literally comparing gravestones to the ''sacrifices'' his family have made.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Show me where he said ''greater sacrifices'' or ''lesser sacrifices''.
He is literally comparing gravestones to the ''sacrifices'' his family have made.
No he is describing how one thing made him think of another, he made zero quality comparisons whatsoever, so your assumption that he thinks his sacrifices and his families are just as important as the dead soldiers, that is based on nothing but your confirmation bias and a biased anti-Trump source agreeing with that bias, which reinforces that you think that's somehow a reasonable conclusion, when that is clearly just thinking the worst of Trump for no reason.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:17 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:15 pm

No he is describing how one thing made him think of another,
Literally a comparison.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:17 pm
StCapps wrote:

Literally a comparison.
Oh please. You assume he thinks his sacrifice is as or more important than dead soldiers based on nothing, that is not the comparison he is making, that is just you and your left wing garbage rag's bias assuming the worst. You will honestly buy an anti-Trump propaganda it appears.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:22 pm

"..."

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:31 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:20 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Literally a comparison.
Oh please. You assume he thinks his sacrifice is as or more important than dead soldiers based on nothing, that is not the comparison he is making, that is just you and your left wing garbage rag's bias assuming the worst. You will honestly buy an anti-Trump propaganda it appears.
Only you are assigning any ranking of importance.
Any comparison of Jr and his draft-dodging father to the sacrifices of dead servicemen is abhorrent.
You will defend any shitty thing any member of the Trump family says.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:31 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:20 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Literally a comparison.
Only you are assigning any ranking of importance.
Any comparison of Jr and his draft-dodging father to the sacrifices of dead servicemen is abhorrent.
You will defend any shitty thing any member of the Trump family says.
No it's not. Pointing out that their sacrifices got you emotional, and made you think of your own, is the opposite of abhorrent. Your TDS is abhorrent.
*yip*