THE ERA OF TRUMP

Arc Light

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Arc Light » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:42 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:16 pm
I wonder how many of these clowns remember that the impeachment clown show in the 90s helped the democrats.
Clinton was impeached for getting a blowjob. The Republicans won the very next presidential race.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:52 am

Arc Light wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:42 am
I wonder how many of these clowns remember that the impeachment clown show in the 90s helped the democrats.
Clinton was impeached for getting a blowjob. The Republicans won the very next presidential race.
That's because Clinton wasn't running again, and Al Gore was. Impeachment still helped the Democrats, just not enough to get Al Gore over the finish line. If Gore had embraced Clinton instead of telling him to back off during the campaign, he might very well have won.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 am

Arc Light wrote:
He was impeached for lying to Congress. If presidents got impeached for extra-marital blow jobs you'd be on the 100th POTUS by now.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:39 am
Every day there's a few new articles on my Google news front page that says something along the lines of "Trump administration pressured Ukraine over X". It's always written in a way to make the actions sound at least scandalous, potentially illegal. After thinking about it for a second I always say to myself, isn't this what countries do to each other every day? Countries are always pressuring other countries to do things they want.

I'm tuning out at this point. I don't even read the details or even click on the articles anymore. It's a waste of time reading this nonsense. The media has cried wolf so many times I don't even care what they are saying at this point. I assume more lies like every other story that has turned into lies before it.
It's clearly manufactured propaganda. These people like to play important journalists, but they are no different than Bagdhad Bob.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Arc Light wrote:
I do not believe the republicans won the next election, strictly speaking. The recount was stopped through legal action and it was definitely heading in Gore's favor.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 pm

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:00 am

Matt Taibbi dropping truth bombs.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ng-895529/
The unnamed person at the center of this story sure didn’t sound like a whistleblower. Our intelligence community wouldn’t wipe its ass with a real whistleblower.

Americans who’ve blown the whistle over serious offenses by the federal government either spend the rest of their lives overseas, like Edward Snowden, end up in jail, like Chelsea Manning, get arrested and ruined financially, like former NSA official Thomas Drake, have their homes raided by FBI like disabled NSA vet William Binney, or get charged with espionage like ex-CIA exposer-of-torture John Kiriakou. It’s an insult to all of these people, and the suffering they’ve weathered, to frame the ballcarrier in the Beltway’s latest partisan power contest as a whistleblower.

Drake, who was the first to expose the NSA’s secret surveillance program, seems to have fared better than most. He ended up working in an Apple Store, where he ran into Eric Holder, who was shopping for an iPhone.

---------------------------------------------

With that in mind, let’s look at what we know about the first “whistleblower” in Ukrainegate:
  • He or she is a “CIA officer detailed to the White House”;
  • The account is at best partially based upon the CIA officer’s own experience, made up substantially by information from “more than a half dozen U.S. officials” and the “private accounts” of “my colleagues”;
  • “He or she” was instantly celebrated as a whistleblower by news networks and major newspapers.
That last detail caught the eye of Kiriakou, a former CIA Counterterrorism official who blew the whistle on the agency’s torture program.

“It took me and my lawyers a full year to get [the media] to stop calling me ‘CIA Leaker John Kirakou,” he says. “That’s how long it took for me to be called a whistleblower.”

Kirakou’s crime was talking to ABC News and the New York Times about the CIA’s torture program. For talking to American journalists about the CIA, our federal government charged Kiriakou with espionage. That absurd count was ultimately dropped, but he still did 23 months at FCI Loretto in Western Pennsylvania.
Read the whole thing and remember Matt despises Trump.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:04 pm

https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/media ... -model.pdf

According to Moody's, even under best case scenario for the Dems, where they get maximum turnout, they need to win Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Virginia to squeak out a win over Trump. If they lose even one of those states, they are dead in the water, and according to the models, all five of those swing states lean Republican unless the Dems get max turnout.

Apparently Ohio and Florida are no longer swing states according to their models. The Dems are fucked.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:53 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:04 pm

According to Moody's, even under best case scenario for the Dems, where they get maximum turnout, they need to win Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Virginia to squeak out a win over Trump. If they lose even one of those states, they are dead in the water, and according to the models, all five of those swing states lean Republican unless the Dems get max turnout.

Apparently Ohio and Florida are no longer swing states according to their models. The Dems are fucked.
And the media is to be trusted why?
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:06 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:53 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:04 pm

And the media is to be trusted why?
It's in the media's interest to make Trump look bad for clicks, so if even they say the Democrats have pretty much no chance, then the Dems are really fucked. If your theory is that the media is pro-Trump now, tilting the scales in his favor trying to make it look like he's going to win, I find that to be a laughable assertion. Moody's models in 2016 said Trump was going to lose to Clinton, and now even they say Trump's chances of losing require the stars lining up in the Democrats favor.

The media's Anti-Trump bias can be trusted and when viewing the data through this filter, you can then determine that these models look real good for Trump's re-election chances.
*yip*