[s]YouTube stuff[/s] cancelled

Speaker to Animals

Re: YouTube stuff

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:24 am

In addition to the results on circumcision, another significant result of the study was the high overall rate of per-contact infection. In past studies that attempted to calculate the probability of female-to-male infection through heterosexual sex, the cohorts consisted only of monogamous couples in which the female partners were HIV-positive. However, in some areas of Africa where HIV infection rates are highest, multiple, concurrent partnerships are more common than monogamous couplings. Past studies of monogamous couples found that the probability of HIV transmission per-act of sexual intercourse was on the order of one in 1000 or less, much lower than the probability of one in 160 found in this study. Taken with the authors' evidence that female-to-male infection rates may be more than two-fold greater for uncircumcised men, this new information may help us understand why the virus is spreading rapidly in parts of Africa, and help define better HIV strategies for prevention in these settings.
Right there in black and white. One of the main reasons it spreads so fast in Africa is the lack of circumcision.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:42 am

Otern wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:29 am

This guy is raging a bit too much, but his point is good. It's crazy how common circumcision is, when there's really no advantage.

The only advantage is being slightly less likely to get a urinary tract infection, but that shit's easily avoided by cleaning your dick anyway, and easily treated if you get it.
Otern, sorry buddy, got 4 minutes in and I'm out.

Spoiled rich white cuck from Havard pretending to be an intellectual with someone important to say.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:47 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 am
Father of 3 boys, all cut. I did it because it’s cleaner, and probably tradition (non-religious).
I felt terrible watching them carted off, but it really didn’t occur to me not to have it done.

This is making me think more deeply about it, and I really don’t have a better answer. It’s just what people do I guess?
Too late now. Let's hope they don't hold it against you later in life.
I've never quite forgiven my parents for baptising me as a Catholic without giving me the choice.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:11 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:47 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Father of 3 boys, all cut. I did it because it’s cleaner, and probably tradition (non-religious).
I felt terrible watching them carted off, but it really didn’t occur to me not to have it done.

This is making me think more deeply about it, and I really don’t have a better answer. It’s just what people do I guess?
Too late now. Let's hope they don't hold it against you later in life.
I've never quite forgiven my parents for baptising me as a Catholic without giving me the choice.
You guys didn't do anything wrong. Don't second guess yourself. All kinds of shit happened to all kinds of people. It's up to us as individuals to not let things we don't have a choice over cripple us and use shit that happens as an excuse.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am

I've been a terrible Catholic though.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am
God knows humans are flawed and will make mistakes, that's what confession is for. Doesn't mean you are necessarily a bad person.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:10 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:35 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am
God knows humans are flawed and will make mistakes, that's what confession is for. Doesn't mean you are necessarily a bad person.
I think it makes me a better person.

Forgive me Father it has been 54 years and I have never been to confession.

I was Baptised at Grandad Montegriffo's insistence. A devout Catholic who went on pilgrimage after the war including trips to see the Pope in Rome and visiting Jerusalem.
My dad's mother was an Ulster Protestant his father was a Free Mason but I don't know what his faith was.
Dad was an atheist and Mum's a lapsed Catholic.
I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember. Even at primary school, I refused to pray during our state-sponsored indoctrination sessions.

Otern

Post by Otern » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:47 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:

It's tradition yes. But the way it started off being normal for non-religious reasons has really nothing to do with hygiene or disease prevention.

As for preventing STDs, it's nowhere near as effective as condoms, and it's ridiculous that people still use that argument today. The studies in favor of circumcision use sub saharan africa as data. And it might be affected by the circumcised receiving sex education and condoms. Plenty of studies show the opposite effect of circumcision too, but they're usually pulled because there are some huge medical special interests in the US to keep up with that tradition.

You did it to your kids because your parents did it to you, and they did it because their parents did it to them. But if a parent truly want their kids safe from stds, giving them condoms and sex education is way more effective. Circumcision is a really bad preventive measure for stds.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:53 am

Are Catholics still against condoms?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 am

Literally awesome...