[s]YouTube stuff[/s] cancelled

TheReal_ND

[s]YouTube stuff[/s] cancelled

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Published on Nov 21, 2016Richard Spencer gives an inspiring talk at NPI 2016 in Washington D.C. at the Alt-Right conference of the year.
Full speech. This guy makes me cringe a little tbh.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haumana

Re: YouTube stuff

Post by Haumana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:10 pm

I couldn't take too much of Dick. I would rather just read the transcript if there is one.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Haumana wrote:I couldn't take too much of Dick.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:15 pm

I know that feel. As much as I identify with a lot of things "alt-right," I find myself disagreeing with the founder a lot. Never mind his mannerisms. But luckily he's not the leader of the alt-right and there are way better thoughtful minds in the movement, or whatever it is.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I know that feel. As much as I identify with a lot of things "alt-right," I find myself disagreeing with the founder a lot. Never mind his mannerisms. But luckily he's not the leader of the alt-right and there are way better thoughtful minds in the movement, or whatever it is.
What makes you cringe?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Here's a very interesting discussion I found on YouTube. Canadians discuss what a Trump presidency means to Canada and their economy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 pm

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I know that feel. As much as I identify with a lot of things "alt-right," I find myself disagreeing with the founder a lot. Never mind his mannerisms. But luckily he's not the leader of the alt-right and there are way better thoughtful minds in the movement, or whatever it is.
What makes you cringe?
TBH I still need to watch the speech but I've already seen the part where he does the Roman Salute and "Heil Trump," bit. I think it's kind of LARPie. I understand to a certain degree why he did it though. What's more interesting is the reaction from the "Alt-Lite," and the subsequent response from the true altists.

But I've never really liked Spencer. Some of his ideas like "Pan-Europa," are antithetical to.... really just common sense.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
clubgop wrote:
What makes you cringe?
TBH I still need to watch the speech but I've already seen the part where he does the Roman Salute and "Heil Trump," bit. I think it's kind of LARPie. I understand to a certain degree why he did it though. What's more interesting is the reaction from the "Alt-Lite," and the subsequent response from the true altists.
Alt-lite? true altists? These delineations are making me wonder which bathroom though? Where is DSL already? LARPie made me laugh though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:09 pm

Haumana wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
clubgop wrote:
What makes you cringe?
Alt-lite? true altists? These delineations are making me wonder which bathroom though? Where is DSL already? LARPie made me laugh though.
I was worried I would have to explain LARPie.

There's been a steady co-opting of the Alt-Right label by the likes of Milo and Cernovich. Even Paul Joseph Whatson. Once they did the Roman salute at NPI the "Alt-Lite" as it were (read co-opters,) disavowed Spencer and the other Altists on the spectrum.

I don't know where DSL is but I hope he at least checks in.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Haumana wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
I was worried I would have to explain LARPie.

There's been a steady co-opting of the Alt-Right label by the likes of Milo and Cernovich. Even Paul Joseph Whatson. Once they did the Roman salute at NPI the "Alt-Lite" as it were (read co-opters,) disavowed Spencer and the other Altists on the spectrum.

I don't know where DSL is but I hope he at least checks in.
Come on dog... I have been keeping an eye on Cernovich. He tweets a lot, A little too much on the pizzagate tip for my liking though. Still following Scott Adams and Mike retweets almost all his stuff.