The Professor Watch List

Xenophon

Re: The Professor Watch List

Post by Xenophon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:40 am

Paulo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:You're so boring.

You don't know what freedom of speech is because you're white.

We've got millions of you here already. Present something novel.

Please, the man was shoot dead for speaking!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for freedom of speech, he was the only one! just forget it. You are right ok? See, I agree with you.
James Earl Ray does not represent the interests or beliefs of all white people. Equating all white people with one crazy is ridiculous. Personal responsibility is something that is very real, no matter how much you try and deny it. People are responsible for their own actions, full stop.

Paulo

Post by Paulo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Paulo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:You're so boring.

You don't know what freedom of speech is because you're white.

We've got millions of you here already. Present something novel.

Please, the man was shoot dead for speaking!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for freedom of speech, he was the only one! just forget it. You are right ok? See, I agree with you.
James Earl Ray does not represent the interests or beliefs of all white people. Equating all white people with one crazy is ridiculous. Personal responsibility is something that is very real, no matter how much you try and deny it. People are responsible for their own actions, full stop.

You started with this : "We've endured the results of free speech and freedom of association for two and a half centuries. I think we'll survive this just fine."

And when I pointed out that was not so for a part of the people like women, blacks etc. Women vote 1920, Blacks 1965 ( 51 years ago!)

you ended up with this gem
"People are responsible for their own actions, full stop."

MLK was assassinated because he was asking for freedom and justice. He surely was responsible to be in front of that bullet. To be continued... :D

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 pm

You aren't making any sense at all. In case you aren't aware.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:You aren't making any sense at all. In case you aren't aware.
I'll say. MLK has been an icon of free speech for decades. The fact that he was assassinated by someone in no way detracts from the power of his message, or suggest that America as a nation does not value free speech.

Paulo

Post by Paulo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 pm

de officiis wrote:
I'll say. MLK has been an icon of free speech for decades. The fact that he was assassinated by someone in no way detracts from the power of his message, or suggest that America as a nation does not value free speech.
So the fight he fought to give freedom and equality for a great part of americans was just for fun? Because america valued so much free speech and equal rights that he was killed by another lover of freedom and equality?

He was not assassinated by "someone", he was fighting against people who had freedoms that his people did not have. Saying that america has 250 years of freedom and liberty is not knowing history. Freedom and liberty for some, I can accept.

Ok. I rest my case.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:22 pm

Paulo wrote:
de officiis wrote:
So the fight he fought to give freedom and equality for a great part of americans was just for fun? Because america valued so much free speech and equal rights that he was killed by another lover of freedom and equality?

He was not assassinated by "someone", he was fighting against people who had freedoms that his people did not have. Saying that america has 250 years of freedom and liberty is not knowing history. Freedom and liberty for some, I can accept.

Ok. I rest my case.
Where is the looney emoticon?
Okeefenokee wrote:Thankfully we don't live in Brazil, and here we call that tool a right.
Paulo wrote:Ok, let's see what the results will be. I will be around.
Okeefenokee wrote:We've endured the results of free speech and freedom of association for two and a half centuries. I think we'll survive this just fine.
You questioned the results of free speech. I said we'd be fine. You're not very good at this.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:09 pm

My liberal professors at Texas A&M took it as a badge of honor to make it on some of these before the internet. Good professors as well, very keen. Mostly of the opinion you could think for yourself by the time you got to college.