How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Fife

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Interesting audio post, Martin.

The important question: Are Americans too *egotistical* for socialized medicine?

What's the path to total happiness and good health? Destroy the individual's ego, eh?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Aren't you the one who wants to limit what people get for free? My god, man, get consistent.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Aren't you the one who wants to limit what people get for free? My god, man, get consistent.
Nothing is free in this life. Nothing.

[What does your question even mean? What is inconsistent about my question? I'm asking you what you mean by "egotistical" as used in your audio post.]

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Fife wrote: Nothing is free in this life. Nothing.

But for the grace of God.

You must pay for everything in this world one way and another. There is nothing free except the Grace of God. You cannot earn that or deserve it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Fife wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Aren't you the one who wants to limit what people get for free? My god, man, get consistent.
Nothing is free in this life. Nothing.

[What does your question even mean? What is inconsistent about my question? I'm asking you what you mean by "egotistical" as used in your audio post.]
I must not be getting your point or you're being intentionally obtuse.
Americans are status-conscious egomaniacs who want everything to be about them, healthcare included. Any "socialized" healthcare would need to abandon that focus, but like Britain, if you wanted pampering & ego-stroking, you could get health "insurance" from doctors who get paid more to give you a blowjob.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Nice.
The difference would be that Medicare covers things, I know someone who is on it, and the service covers the bare minimums, it makes things complex. Health should not be complex.

I think you have it wrong. Medicare should be simple. Health care itself is complex. Medicare should cover what you need to survive, and major illnesses and injuries.

Trying to make health care "simple" is what Obamacare did, which substantially drives up costs. The young, in particular, do not need all this stuff they want to add in there. We need to stop hiding the complexities of health care from people so that they take active measures in cost containment.
And it doesn't do ½ of what you've proposed.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:12 am

Crazy Uncle Ron knows who Jimmy Kimmel is; fast times in Lake Jackson.

Republican Healthcare Plan Fails the ‘Jimmy Kimmel Test’

Government intervention in healthcare distorts the marketplace with mandates, subsidies, and price controls. As is the case with any goods or services, price controls in healthcare result in shortages and even price increases as providers look for ways to offset their losses caused by the controls. This is why many Americans have seen their health insurance premiums skyrocket under Obamacare.

. . .

Congress should be working to repeal all federal interference in healthcare, including by shutting down the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA raises the cost of medicine, denies Americans access to effective treatments, and prevents individuals from learning about cost-effective ways to improve their health.

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Do you mean taxation as a way to discourage the activity, or as a method to raise revenue to pay for treatment? If either worked then fine, but they don't. Placing blame never works; look at our penal system.
Doesn't some places already have a "sin tax" put in place to do exactly that, on certain habit-forming drugs (like alcohol and tobacco) though?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Penner wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Do you mean taxation as a way to discourage the activity, or as a method to raise revenue to pay for treatment? If either worked then fine, but they don't. Placing blame never works; look at our penal system.
Doesn't some places already have a "sin tax" put in place to do exactly that, on certain habit-forming drugs (like alcohol and tobacco) though?
Yes, that doesnt mean it is effective, sweetheart.

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:16 pm

In the case of cigarettes, they do actually work.