Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

K@th

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by K@th » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 am

heydaralon wrote:
The only child that needs protection is you. From your own harebrained schemes. You should change your username to The Dumbass.
I've been trying for years to convince TC that he's not a conservative. He believes in bigly government. The bigliest.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:34 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Who gives their kids unfettered access to credit cards?
This. You kinda deserve what you get then.
Create an account on an Xbox or PS, and you are required to enter a CC... make one as a child, and you don't. How many parents will just enter in the CC info and think nothing of it? Too many.

It asks you flat out in the beginning who this is for. You enter a child and you have to connect it to your main account. You control everything about your child's account.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:35 am

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Really? The fact that a child made the purchase, by laws on the books already, the parents are not responsible for them. Any child under a specific age cannot be held accountable for debt such as from a CC.
It is not the government's job to ensure parents turn on the proper parental controls on their gaming systems. Parents should parent. A
Yeah, I agree, but when parents don't... I should not be held responsible for a new generation of addicts or poor people because they blow their money as fast as they earn it.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:39 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
This. You kinda deserve what you get then.
Create an account on an Xbox or PS, and you are required to enter a CC... make one as a child, and you don't. How many parents will just enter in the CC info and think nothing of it? Too many.

It asks you flat out in the beginning who this is for. You enter a child and you have to connect it to your main account. You control everything about your child's account.
Yes, and you seriously think most parents will? I got a bridge to sell you if you think parents are going to keep tabs on their children that way... They already allow kids that are barely teenagers to play GTA 5... you think they are going to want to deal with being parents in that way?

Oh, wait... you think the parents actually will be parents and give a shit? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pfft! BHAHAHAH!

I worked at GameStop, you are fucking kidding yourself if you think the parents know what their kids are getting into. 99% of them buy the games to placate the kid, they don't care what the game does as long as it keeps them out of the parent's hair. I can almost guarantee that those parents that don't give a damn, don't also have their kids on restrictive accounts either.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:41 am

Let's not make the government bigger because YOU can't control your impulse spending. How about you just practice self control instead?
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:42 am

Kath wrote:Let's not make the government bigger because YOU can't control your impulse spending. How about you just practice self control instead?
I do, and I don't spend the extra money. I am talking about stopping a predatory practice.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:43 am

The Conservative wrote:
I do, and I don't spend the extra money. I am talking about stopping a predatory practice.
As I explained pages ago, it's no more predatory than baseball cards.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 am

The Conservative wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Yes, and you seriously think most parents will? I got a bridge to sell you if you think parents are going to keep tabs on their children that way... They already allow kids that are barely teenagers to play GTA 5... you think they are going to want to deal with being parents in that way?

Oh, wait... you think the parents actually will be parents and give a shit? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pfft! BHAHAHAH!

I worked at GameStop, you are fucking kidding yourself if you think the parents know what their kids are getting into. 99% of them buy the games to placate the kid, they don't care what the game does as long as it keeps them out of the parent's hair. I can almost guarantee that those parents that don't give a damn, don't also have their kids on restrictive accounts either.

Most parents do.

The gaming industry is bad enough these days without a politburo controlling it as well. Thanks, anyway.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 am

The anti-Conservative.
The “Goverment please control our lives down to the video game pricing level” dude.

Some people just can’t handle freedom.
The same people constantly trying to strip it from the rest of us.

Ridiculous.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 am

The Conservative wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

“Parents aren’t doing their job, we need government to do it”.

And people call me a liberal.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0