The Destroyer of All Western Values

heydaralon

Re: The Destroyer of All Western Values

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Indeed, Roger Stone is the key, all this cray-cray shit you see in America today? Roger Stone invented it, he's the Original Ratfucker, right back to Watergate and beyond.

This is all Roger Stone's unholy war, Richard Nixon, both his martyr and messiah.

Not to say that Roger doesn't have an ideological basis behind it all, he does, but his agenda doesn't conflict with his Nixonian vengeance, they are in fact, complimentary.

I'm not bashing Roger by the way, I like him a lot, my kind of Right Wing Nutjob, to be sure. And just like Roger, I like Nixon too.
What was your favorite aspect of Nixon's presidency? Were you a fan of his domestic policies? I'm pretty sure the EPA got founded during his presidency.
I don't give a shit about policy, that's all sausage making, I'm not democratic beyond a peaceful transfer of power, Nixon was just doing what he had to do in the context of the times, it's politics, man, in the current paradigm, Nixon would run against the EPA.

My favourite aspect of Nixon was the real guy, the guy behind the scenes, the guy on the tapes, the guy in between takes, when the cameras were off.
Are you a fan of the Oliver Stone Nixon movie? As big of a turd as Oliver can be, I consider that to be one of his better films... Not a Nixon expert so idk how it stacks up to reality though. Stone doesn't have a good track record for that.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:Are you a fan of the Oliver Stone Nixon movie? As big of a turd as Oliver can be, I consider that to be one of his better films... Not a Nixon expert so idk how it stacks up to reality though. Stone doesn't have a good track record for that.
Oh yeah, I'm a Nixon junky, I like anything Nixon related, Oliver Stone all the better, Oliver Stone don't bother me, poems is always more truthful than prose, sho yo right.

Truth schmuth, America ain't about the truth, America can't handle the truth; "You smoke this shit so to escape from reality?"

Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Are you a fan of the Oliver Stone Nixon movie? As big of a turd as Oliver can be, I consider that to be one of his better films... Not a Nixon expert so idk how it stacks up to reality though. Stone doesn't have a good track record for that.
Oh yeah, I'm a Nixon junky, I like anything Nixon related, Oliver Stone all the better, Oliver Stone don't bother me, poems is always more truthful than prose, sho yo right.

Truth schmuth, America ain't about the truth, America can't handle the truth; "You smoke this shit so to escape from reality?"

Best Nixon book in your opinion?

Also did you watch Frost/Nixon?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:54 pm

heydaralon wrote:

Ooh, tough to pick one, I'd probably go with Conrad Black, Richard M. Nixon: A Life in Full, because it's the most sympathetic to Nixon, I'm a big Lord Black fan too.
'Course, I'm mean, the greatest Nixon interview evah;

"Well, if the President does it, that means that it is not illegal..."

By definition?

"Exactly, biiiiiiitch"

Funny cuz it's tru.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 31, 2017 7:00 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Ooh, tough to pick one, I'd probably go with Conrad Black, Richard M. Nixon: A Life in Full, because it's the most sympathetic to Nixon, I'm a big Lord Black fan too.

By definition?

"Exactly... biiiiiiitch"
So you kind of take a John Yoo opinion on executive powers.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

By definition?

"Exactly... biiiiiiitch"
The George Washington opinion; through mud and blood to the green fields beyond, by any and all means necessary... a nation born of treason, best not get up on its high horse about procedure, and, you know, Americans will piss n' moan not matter what you do, so just getter done.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

By definition?

"Exactly... biiiiiiitch"
The George Washington opinion; through mud and blood to the green fields beyond, by any and all means necessary...
From a strategic standpoint, what was the purpose of Watergate? Nixon had that election by the balls even without CREEP.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:Actually NATO was a joint show which has failed to do what it was meant to... in spades.
Kept the Warsaw Pact in check for 45 years, not seeing them Russians stepping over the line neither actually, didn't work in Afghanistan, but it was never intended to go to Central Asia, says North Atlantic right in the name, nobody ever signed up to defend Kabul./shrugs
It did, but it should have kept the Middle East in check, I mean they gutted the Ottomon Empire...
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:10 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
The George Washington opinion; through mud and blood to the green fields beyond, by any and all means necessary...
From a strategic standpoint, what was the purpose of Watergate? Nixon had that election by the balls even without CREEP.
Sure, he just got liquored up and went off on a tirade against the DNC, his troops were so loyal, they took it all a little too seriously, I mean, Nixon had a temper, Nixon liked his sauce, and Nixon despised the liberal elites and all their shit, so he went a little overboard. But I mean, who doesn't?

What Nixon did? That's standard operating procedure now, Nixon was just ahead of his time.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sure, he just liquored up and went off on a tirade against the DNC, his troops were so loyal, they took it all a little too seriously, I mean, Nixon had a temper, Nixon liked his sauce, and Nixon despised the liberal elites and all their shit, so he went a little overboard. But I mean, who doesn't?
He wanted to wiretap a bunch of jews too. He didn't trust them, except Kissinger. Do you think Kissinger deserves his reputation or do you think he is overrated? I was reading about his role in the Angola debacle. To me a lot of his ideas caused the US to step on its own dick.
Shikata ga nai