Brexit

Speaker to Animals

Re: Brexit

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:37 am

It's really unbelievable how this little piece of shit can rationalize to himself the subversion of democracy as being anti-dictatorship. What level of mind-fucked do you have to reach to think like that?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:41 am

The reason the people who voted for Brexit don't want another vote, is that they know the BBC propaganda machine has been crying Brexit doomsday for so long, and more rubes are buying their bullshit, since they've been in non-stop campaign mode post-brexit after the pro-Brexit side took it's foot off the peddle because they won.

Montegriffo is deluded into thinking it's because people are wising up to brexit being a bad idea, when the exact opposite is the case, they are being brainwashed into thinking it's a bad idea.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:43 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:41 am
The reason the people who voted for Brexit don't want another vote, is that they know the BBC propaganda machine has been crying Brexit doomsday for so long, and more rubes are buying their bullshit. Montegriffo is deluded into thinking it's because people are wising up, when the exact opposite is the case, they are being brainwashed.
Monte is impervious to brainwashing because the BBC has instructed her exactly how to condition her mind to avoid it though.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:46 am

If they held another brexit vote, and brexit won again, Monte would simply move the goalposts, claiming that the only reason they voted that way is they didn't know what they were voting for, so another vote is required until they wise up.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:47 am

BBC is Telescreen.

State propaganda arms are corrosive to democracy, who knew?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:48 am

Otern wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:07 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:48 am
Otern wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:36 am

It doesn't matter if it's worse or better at this point.

That may be the daftest thing I've ever seen you say Otern.
That is the only thing which really matters.
No, it's really not.
Now, let me just assume the remainers are correct, for argument's sake. Leaving the EU is really bad. The economy takes a hit, people get unemployed even worse than before. People realize their mistake, and work on joining the EU again in ten-twenty years. The EU will eventually take Britain back, or they'll make a deal worse than the one today, both can live with, but with Britain out of the union.

By ignoring this vote, you're signalling to millions of voters, who still want out, that their vote doesn't matter. They have no political agency. They won, but the powers at be won't let them win.
What's the point of them taking part in democracy in the future? Why should they vote, when their vote is thrown out whenever it's problematic to the status quo?

They won't vote in future elections, because they don't matter. They'll still have problems, but now the social contract have been irreparably broken. They stop voting for politicians they don't trust, and as a result, those very same politicians, who would've catered to their needs, stop trying to win their votes, leaving even more people hopeless with any prospects of democracy.

You need trust for a democracy to work, take that away, and it will just fall apart in years anyway.

What the remainers should do in this situation is to accept the loss, but lobby for as much of a EU-member deal as possible. You're going out of the EU. But it's still possible to remain close to the EU in pretty much any way you want. Could work for a Norway option, where you're basically in the EU anyway. The brexiters get what they want (sort of), and the remainers get what they want (sort of).

The harvest you reap by ignoring the results of the referendum, will be way worse than even the worst case scenario portrayed by the remainers. And it has nothing to do with the EU at all. Even if the EU was perfect, it would be awful, as you've chased away a huge part of your population from taking part in democracy for decades to come.

Ignoring the referendum will lead to a large part of Britain to just stop voting in future elections, and drive the more extreme to violence, as that is their only viable political tool left.
Well that just ignores the opinions of the millions who voted to stay. In a population of 65 million the difference between leave or stay was a few hundred thousand votes.
Under those circumstances it is far from undemocratic to ask again. Especially now that the consequences are better known.

The deal worked out between May and the EU was pretty close to a Norway deal but the hardcore Brexiteers hate it because it isn't a clean break and the remainers don't like it because it is worse than the deal we have now.
As I said earlier, I would take the deal over no deal but it is not as good as the deal we have now.
The whole situation is a clusterfuck of epic proportions and for me it is about damage limitation.
Not as bad a it could be but worse than it is now is not much of a choice in my opinion.
That is why myself and what I believe is a majority of voters want a second vote so we can put this whole shit show behind us and try to reform the EU from inside.
Outside it we are just an isolated nation not part of the decision making process In the continent we belong to.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:51 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:46 am
If they held another brexit vote, and brexit won again, Monte would simply move the goalposts, claiming that the only reason they voted that way is they didn't know what they were voting for, so another vote is required until they wise up.
The goal posts are inserted in his asshole, so moving them stimulates his prostate gland, thus giving him sexual pleasure+approval from the BBC Acid Attackers, so the argumentative fallacy is not a loss for the guy.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:53 am

"Lets only ignore the votes when they don't go my way", say the pro-EU crowd. "When the vote goes my way, then the voice of the people has finally been heard, because this is evidence they are finally informed".

Derp.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:57 am

The national security police state is happy to have the state propaganda arm undermine democracy.

That simply incites more extremism from all quarters.

Which is the bread and butter of the British national security police state tyranny.

The classic Self Licking Ice Cream Cone.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:12 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:53 am
"Lets only ignore the votes when they don't go my way", say the pro-EU crowd. "When the vote goes my way, then the voice of the people has finally been heard, because this is evidence they are finally informed".

Derp.
If you can't recognise that the margin of victory was tiny and that the public was misinformed you haven't been paying attention.
If you are so sure the British public still wants to leave the EU why are you so opposed to a second vote?
You just know that Brexit will be rejected so you are running scared.
The public now has a clear choice between May's deal, no deal or remain.
That is an informed decision not an uninformed decision.
Not one Brexit campaigner had any idea of what Brexit would mean so they played on exaggerated fears of immigration and some notion of sovereignty which bore no relation to the truth.
A vote based on lies and misinformation is not democracy. It is a distortion of democracy based on fearmongering and lies motivated by personal gain for the Brexit leaders.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.