Another School Shooting

Speaker to Animals

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:17 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The question is whose incompetence and the current issue is all the garbage being flung about to protect that individual, or those individuals.

The assertion that four out four deputies turned coward is definitely not the most likely hypothesis right now.
Perhaps not, but it's not unbelievable, it's totally believable.

Right now, given what I know, it's highly unbelievable.

What's far more believable? These deputies were stupid enough to obey a retarded order from an incompetent sheriff. I believe in four out of four cops being relatively stupid more than I believe in four out of four being cowards.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The question is whose incompetence and the current issue is all the garbage being flung about to protect that individual, or those individuals.

The assertion that four out four deputies turned coward is definitely not the most likely hypothesis right now.
Perhaps not, but it's not unbelievable, it's totally believable.

Right now, given what I know, it's highly unbelievable.
Right now, given what I know, it's quite believable. It may not be the most likely explanation, but it's not that unlikely. It's really not hard to imagine that four deputies shat the bed on this one, it really isn't.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:20 pm

(1) You are just some pothead in Canada.

(2) The only contact you have with your equivalent of a deputy sheriff is hiding your weed in your underoos when you get pulled over for running a stop sign.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Cops from a different department showed up and went straight in, despite the gaggle of cops outside doing nothing.

What's the simplest difference between the two groups?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:(1) You are just some pothead in Canada.

(2) The only contact you have with your equivalent of a deputy sheriff is hiding your weed in your underoos when you get pulled over for running a stop sign.
Attacking the man and not the argument, not very convincing, you're gonna need more than that.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:56 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Cops from a different department showed up and went straight in, despite the gaggle of cops outside doing nothing.

What's the simplest difference between the two groups?
Shitty leadership, in the case of one, better leadership in the case of the other. Less cowards in one department. I can think of many explanations.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 pm

That's not even close to a simple answer. How many words was that? We don't know hardly any of the things you listed in your simple answer.

The simple answer,

different bosses.

Almost everything that builds on that is conjecture.

Not everything, though. We do have a record of the actions of the sheriff, and they don't paint a favorable picture.

We also have the email from the neighboring PD, again, they aren't favorable to the sheriff.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:11 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:(1) You are just some pothead in Canada.

Attacking the man and not the argument, not very convincing, you're gonna need more than that.

(3) I am not committing an ad hominem attack. I am insultingly pointing out to you that (A) I have quite a bit more history and experience with Florida deputy sheriffs than you do, and (B) your "argument" -- if one could call it that -- was that in your personal judgment it's more believable that four out of four deputies chickened out when the time came to engage an active shooter. But in the case of (B), you are in fact just some pothead from Canada. Your personal judgment means fuck all. The personal judgment of a drug abuser is not worth much. Do you understand that? You need an actual argument here to back this up. Nowhere did you provide any argument as to why one should believe this over any other hypothesis.

Right now, I have to choose between the personal judgment of a drug abuser who is probably high right now as he posts his "argument", or parsimony. Parsimony wins for now. I don't rule out the possibility that all four deputies simply chickened out. I simply find it quite unbelievable at this juncture.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:43 pm

We know he spoke on the detail of the one officer, and didn't mention the other three.
"What matters is that when we, in law enforcement, arrive at an active shooter, we go in and address the target," the sheriff said. "And that’s what should’ve been done."

When asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer."
We know he knew it was more than one officer waiting outside.

We know he was confronted in public the day after the shooting about the fact that four officers were outside doing nothing,
The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.
We know the media didn't report this fact until the responding PD forced their hand.

We know the Coral Springs PD knew the truth was not being told, and sent out this email,
"I understand that another agency has given the impression that it had provided the majority of the rescue efforts, and that the tremendous work of the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments has not been recognized. Please know that this issue will be addressed, and the truth will come out in time. The focus for us now, however, must be on healing -- for ourselves, our families, our community and those residents surrounding us. While recognition is not the reason we choose to do what we do, our Commission, City Manager and residents are well aware of the actions our members took in the face of danger and the heroes that you are."
I don't see how random chance is anyone's explanation for what happened. The guy has been lying from the start, and the media tried to cover for him. The fact that he withheld information makes me think he has something he doesn't want getting out, and it probably rhymes with fandown border.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:The fact that he withheld information makes me think he has something he doesn't want getting out, and it probably rhymes with fandown border.
Knowing my dad: "Did not copy that. *static* going in *static*"