BREAKING NEWS

MilSpecs

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am
What's going on with all the Gas Line fires in Lawrence, Mass ?
39 homes burned in 3 communities.

My first thought is an over pressurized line. But I haven't heard a cause.
I read something about an underpressurized line. A bunch of people are in critical condition. An entire college was evacuated and anyone getting service from that company was told to leave their homes.

It looks like they’re being careful about what they report until more facts come in, but this sounds like either a technical/structural failure or the mother of all screwups. I wonder if there’s some kind of safety mechanism that could be put on Home lines to prevent this?
:royalty-queen:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 am

Every home has its own regulator at the gas main, doesn’t it? I’m not clear on how low pressure could cause a leak..
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:17 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 am
Every home has its own regulator at the gas main, doesn’t it? I’m not clear on how low pressure could cause a leak..
Has to be a Mooslim terrorist plot. Notice how the gas's nation of origin has not been mentioned by the lying MSM?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:25 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Under very low pressure, the gas in the pipe could ignite and the flame could chase the fuel up the line if there is enough oxygen for combustion.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:49 am

Right, gas of any kind replaces oxygen or really just the atmosphere it is contained in. I've never seen a regulator on a home just a valve.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:00 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:25 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Under very low pressure, the gas in the pipe could ignite and the flame could chase the fuel up the line if there is enough oxygen for combustion.
That would mean that any time the gas company fails to maintain adequate pressure, 365/24/7, houses start exploding.

I’m not sure this is true... and if it is, I don’t want my house hooked up to gas any more.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:15 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:00 am
C-Mag wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
That would mean that any time the gas company fails to maintain adequate pressure, 365/24/7, houses start exploding.

I’m not sure this is true... and if it is, I don’t want my house hooked up to gas any more.
I'm not sure either, not a Gas Dynamics Engineer. But it makes sense that at low pressure enough oxygen could infiltrate the line to carry combustion down the line. I don't know how else you would get explosions following the line.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:18 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:15 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:00 am
C-Mag wrote:

I'm not sure either, not a Gas Dynamics Engineer. But it makes sense that at low pressure enough oxygen could infiltrate the line to carry combustion down the line. I don't know how else you would get explosions following the line.
I assumed that there was some kind of pressure spike that overloaded everybody's regulators/valves, and forced too much gas into the home.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am
What's going on with all the Gas Line fires in Lawrence, Mass ?
39 homes burned in 3 communities.

My first thought is an over pressurized line. But I haven't heard a cause.
That's exactly what is being stated as the issue. The feds are getting involved.

We are told it's over-pressurizations, over 70 houses have had explosions in them because of this.
#NotOneRedCent

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:26 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:49 am
I've never seen a regulator on a home just a valve.
All homes here have pressure stepdown regulators. They don't look like compressed gas regulator, just a gray disk shape in the gas line about 6" diameter. See it there on the top left?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND