Social Justice Warriors Thread

BjornP

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by BjornP » Fri May 05, 2017 10:47 pm

I don't think any word has ever been misused as a way to legitimize and de-legitimize certain behaviors, as much as the words "natural" and "unnatural".

Taking a shit is natural. Doesn't mean there isn't a proper time and place to drop your pants to take a shit.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri May 05, 2017 11:49 pm

I don't know Bjorn... I've had some pretty unnatural shits that defied god's law.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 05, 2017 11:54 pm

BjornP wrote:I don't think any word has ever been misused as a way to legitimize and de-legitimize certain behaviors, as much as the words "natural" and "unnatural".

Taking a shit is natural. Doesn't mean there isn't a proper time and place to drop your pants to take a shit.
Natural or unnatural?
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat May 06, 2017 12:06 am

lol
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat May 06, 2017 12:08 am

Been eating sugar-free Gummy Bears, HM?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelrusch/h ... .dl3D1O0J0

"Sugar-free gummy bears" does, in of itself, sound like a offensive challenge to the natural order of the universe. Then again, they sell these cinnamon rolls at the 7-11 that smell deceptively delicious, but that I'm pretty sure are laced with tiny, intestinal terrorists tasked with unleashing horrors upon the guts of the unprepared.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat May 06, 2017 12:19 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
BjornP wrote:I don't think any word has ever been misused as a way to legitimize and de-legitimize certain behaviors, as much as the words "natural" and "unnatural".

Natural or unnatural?
Well, he's naturally going to spend some time in jail for that natural display of bodily evacuation.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat May 06, 2017 4:54 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Tits are a weapon of the patriarchy,

I wonder what people from the dawn of humankind to, say, the 20th Century would think about the fact that we are now arguing whether breastfeeding is "natural." I think they'd say they were glad they dodged that insane little bullet.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 am

The same idiots marching for science are the ones calling things like breastfeeding unnatural. This country is doomed.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:41 am

Of course we put infants in diapers, because they "naturally" piss/shit whenever/wherever they feel like it. :D

So one could argue it is more "natural" - dropping one whereever/whenever, like you did before you learned/understood the "unnatural" "social rules" of where/when is appropriate to go.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat May 06, 2017 7:44 am

de officiis wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Tits are a weapon of the patriarchy,

I wonder what people from the dawn of humankind to, say, the 20th Century would think about the fact that we are now arguing whether breastfeeding is "natural." I think they'd say they were glad they dodged that insane little bullet.
To be fair, prior to and during the 20th century there were lots of religions, ideologies and philosophical currents that tried to argue that basicly anything under the sun was an "unnatural" affront to whatever they considered the natural order.

Like the unnatural fork:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-cult ... -64593179/
Ph64 wrote:
So one could argue it is more "natural" - dropping one whereever/whenever, like you did before you learned/understood the "unnatural" "social rules" of where/when is appropriate to go.
No doubt this is what comes next for the "Well, it's natural so it can't be wrong" crowd. Before we know it, they'll be eating shit with a side of kale... because it's natural and therefore good for you. If natural remedies worked so well for Steve Jobs, after all... :P
Last edited by BjornP on Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.