Pedestrian Bridge Collapse, FIU, S Florida

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Pedestrian Bridge Collapse, FIU, S Florida

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:So what if our bridge collapsed after five days? The pyramids are still standing, right?
What I like most about your posts is how accurately and charitably they capture and re-frame my arguments.

Paragon of the good-faith debater, you.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote: We've got a sort of information selection bias, since you'll never see the article "Public Works Project Continues to Function Satisfactorily for the Umpteenth Day in a Row."

Successes are always in the background, and easy to ignore. Failures are splashy.
$20trillion in public debt says even when public works don’t collapse and kill people, they could’ve been done better.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:So what if our bridge collapsed after five days? The pyramids are still standing, right?
What I like most about your posts is how accurately and charitably they capture and re-frame my arguments.

No, I captured it pretty well.

We're looking at a complete failure of government to pick the right person for the job, and your solution is to make the people chosen for the job part of the government.

and then you added that there are other times that the tax payers were defrauded by these same ill chosen people where no one has died, yet.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:43 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote: We've got a sort of information selection bias, since you'll never see the article "Public Works Project Continues to Function Satisfactorily for the Umpteenth Day in a Row."

Successes are always in the background, and easy to ignore. Failures are splashy.
$20trillion in public debt says even when public works don’t collapse and kill people, they could’ve been done better.
;)
I'll bet.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:

No, I captured it pretty well.

We're looking at a complete failure of government to pick the right person for the job, and your solution is to make the people chosen for the job part of the government.

and then you added that there are other times that the tax payers were defrauded by these same ill chosen people where no one has died, yet.
Yep, nailed it.
HAIL!

-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:46 pm

HM: I’d basically murder all of you, but that would leave no one to govern me - and I love me some government.

Have I summed it up about right?
:lol: :twisted: :lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:48 pm

DBTrek wrote:HM: I’d basically murder all of you, but that would leave no one to govern me - and I love me some government.

Have I summed it up about right?
:lol: :twisted: :lol:
I just lack the poetic mind to put it so adroitly! :D
HAIL!

-Hwen

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Pedro, Jorge, Juan, Pedro Jr., Raul, Fernando,
I bet two dollars to a donut that they didn't come in as an MBE bidder to project. ;)

Puhlease, I worked for a company that had a mexican lady as ceo solely to capitalize on which ever affirmative action program gave them the most edge. WBE or MBE or both? She knew dick about the industry.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:23 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Are you fucking kidding me? They didn't have the suspension cables in place??