Another School Shooting

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Honestly, I don't think anybody is an adult at least until their mid-twenties, but I would be willing to adjust the age back to 21.
This.

But then we wouldn't have cannon fodder for the Infinite War.
Idiocy, nothing but pure Idiocy. Those that serve are 1-2% of society as it is, what is 3 years going to do?
Gonna have a tough time convincing a 22 year old to put his body in a bag for nothing. But don't let me stop you.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 am

BjornP wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Honestly, I don't think anybody is an adult at least until their mid-twenties, but I would be willing to adjust the age back to 21.
Key to becoming an adult is really the expectations placed on you by your family, society and your same age peers. If none or only few of them expect you to be ready for life outside mommy's basement at 18, then you're not going to be ready for life outside mommy's basement at 18.

There's some truth to that, but I also think you ought to consider the fact that European societies all independently arrived at ages in the early 20s as the age of majority. I think over time we just converged on 21 naturally because that was when most young men were at least capable of most of the responsibilities of adulthood. We lowered it in the 20th century because of a lot of other social "reforms" that never really panned out.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:50 am

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
This.

But then we wouldn't have cannon fodder for the Infinite War.
Idiocy, nothing but pure Idiocy. Those that serve are 1-2% of society as it is, what is 3 years going to do?
Gonna have a tough time convincing a 22 year old to put his body in a bag for nothing. But don't let me stop you.
This is the type of idiocy you get when you are raised in a cloistered enviroment. Not allowed to play with gi joes. army men and certainly not guns. No harry potter no imagination no hero's to look up too. No wonder you love football so much it is the one connection to the wider world you were allowed.

? The average age of service would tell you something very different. What is the age of an academy graduate? Do you know anything? No, you are an idiot.

:o I get it now. All the chicken littling, wanting the state to take care of you, wanting to infantilize teenagers. I always wondered why you mention the bankruptcy of Toys R us as a sign of the apocalypse. You have no religion so you clung onto a fucking jingle.
I don't wanna grow up,
Ima Toy R Us kid
I don't wanna grow up
cause baby if I did
I couldn't be a Toy R Us kid.
Your golden giraffe has forsaken you, so it feels as if the entire world is falling apart. No more Toys R Us means you have to grow up and you are flailing against a society that doesn't share your beliefs. It all makes sense.
Last edited by clubgop on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:59 am

Infantilizing teenagers, and making them into compliant taxpayers, is the entire raison d'être of the government school system.

Shut em down.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:00 am

The FBI is doing some splaining on this, they knew who the kid was, saw his youtube stuff. Did nothing. Haven't looked into it too much, but you'd think if we allow ourselves to be spied on the FBI could stop terrorists or school shooters they know about at least.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Otern

Post by Otern » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 am

C-Mag wrote:The FBI is doing some splaining on this, they knew who the kid was, saw his youtube stuff. Did nothing. Haven't looked into it too much, but you'd think if we allow ourselves to be spied on the FBI could stop terrorists or school shooters they know about at least.
I think this is a bigger problem than mass shootings and terrorism in itself. Troubled people are allowed to just rot by themselves without any intervention. Most of them don't turn into murderers, but they still keep adding no value to society or themselves.

People knew this kid was fucked up, yet no system in place to step in and stop the radicalization process.

I guess some people will do fucked up stuff, no matter what society do though. But a lot of people are viewed as "fucked up", and shunned by society, without really having a way out. Lack of parenting, lack of follow up by mental health professionals, and lack of good morals do a lot of harm, and cause these types of events, meaning they're just a symptom of a deeper societal problem.

And it's not just the US that have these problems, the entire western world have them.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:19th school shooting so far this year.
Liberty has a high price.
No. Most of these are not what we consider a mass/school shooting.

According to FBI statistics, the US has around 40 people dying on average every year due to mass shootings. 40 people would be a lot in a small country like mine. But not in a country with 350 000 000 people, and just as many guns.

If mass shootings are a reason to increase gun control, every single person who drinks, smokes, or drives, need to take a long hard look on themselves.
It's hysterical Fake News.

The details of each of the "mass" shootings are at this link:

No, there have not been 18 school shootings so far in 2018

Make no mistake, every shooting incident listed above is concerning and indicative of a cultural problem in how people deal with conflict resolution, but, in no way is a mass shooting at a school happening every 2-3 days in the United States. It's an unfair, dishonest, and disingenuous characterization by the media.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 am

Fife wrote:Image
That is a good point. Same goes for malls, night clubs, concerts and movie theaters.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen