Net Neutrality

K@th

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 am

If the only web pages I can get to are the companies who pay the money for presence on the internet, the internet will be useless.
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Facebook and Twitter are excellent examples of what PR boards will do to internet content.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm

I know I get a kick out of alt-right guys signaling their support of ending net neutrality. That's going to pan out well for them. 8-)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I know I get a kick out of alt-right guys signaling their support of ending net neutrality. That's going to pan out well for them. 8-)
Just a matter of time until someone discovers the MHF and 'secures' it from influencing the tender hearts and minds of consumers.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I know I get a kick out of alt-right guys signaling their support of ending net neutrality. That's going to pan out well for them. 8-)
Just a matter of time until someone discovers the MHF and 'secures' it from influencing the tender hearts and minds of consumers.

It's going to be great, fam. Just start preparing to enjoy homesteading. The internet life is pretty well near the end of its lifecycle.

Imagine what happens when the people who run Google and Facebook control it. Sometimes these alt-right guys seem so clever, and then they get behind the most stupid ideas. Anti-net neutrality is more suicidal to them than tiki torch marches.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

It's going to be great, fam. Just start preparing to enjoy homesteading. The internet life is pretty well near the end of its lifecycle.

Imagine what happens when the people who run Google and Facebook control it. Sometimes these alt-right guys seem so clever, and then they get behind the most stupid ideas. Anti-net neutrality is more suicidal to them than tiki torch marches.
My god, we just agreed on something. :)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Still waiting for Fife to explain why neutrality is a bad thing. So far, he's just thrown out insults.
Account abandoned.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Kath wrote:Still waiting for Fife to explain why neutrality is a bad thing. So far, he's just thrown out insults.
John C Dvorak explained it well back in 2014. Ha was called a cook for it then but now a lot of people agree.

http://uk.pcmag.com/web-sites-products/ ... y-hysteria

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Hastur wrote:
Kath wrote:Still waiting for Fife to explain why neutrality is a bad thing. So far, he's just thrown out insults.
John C Dvorak explained it well back in 2014. Ha was called a cook for it then but now a lot of people agree.

Thanks. I'll chew on that for awhile. The argument basically boils down to, "they won't do it, so no need to require they don't."

Most consumers cannot punish their ISP for treating them like shit. I have two choices... bad and bad. If one treats me like shit, I can go to the other company, who will treat me like shit.
Account abandoned.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Kath wrote:
Hastur wrote:

Thanks. I'll chew on that for awhile. The argument basically boils down to, "they won't do it, so no need to require they don't."

Most consumers cannot punish their ISP for treating them like shit. I have two choices... bad and bad. If one treats me like shit, I can go to the other company, who will treat me like shit.
Why regulate out of fear for what they might do? If they wanted to do bad things why haven’t they done it already? Regulation is a bad thing in and of itself.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck