Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Image
Underrated post

clubgop

Re: Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by clubgop » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
clubgop wrote:
And I'm sure conservatives will continue to have zero ideas and zero solutions, and then swoop in and take credit for anything that works.
The world keeps turning.
Liberals dont have any ideas or solutions either. Except more government and more taxes. And then when it revealed that the whole thing was overstated and overhyped they swoop in and take credit for anything that works.
The world keeps turning.
I'll bet when China manages some sort of green technology boom and adds loads of value to their economy while the US continues to sink all available investment capital into unicorn start-ups, and wrings her hands over saving a fraction of ever less valuable coal jobs, that will be the dumb ol' stupid libtards fault too.
Unicorn start up? China coming off with sone sort of green tech boom sounds like the fucking unicorn to me. If China were to have some green tech boom it will be the same as all their other tech booms, stolen from us.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:34 pm

clubgop wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Liberals dont have any ideas or solutions either. Except more government and more taxes. And then when it revealed that the whole thing was overstated and overhyped they swoop in and take credit for anything that works.
The world keeps turning.
I'll bet when China manages some sort of green technology boom and adds loads of value to their economy while the US continues to sink all available investment capital into unicorn start-ups, and wrings her hands over saving a fraction of ever less valuable coal jobs, that will be the dumb ol' stupid libtards fault too.
Unicorn start up? China coming off with sone sort of green tech boom sounds like the fucking unicorn to me. If China were to have some green tech boom it will be the same as all their other tech booms, stolen from us.
All their growth has just about ruin the drinking water, and have you see pictures of their air? They are going green not just to make money, but also to stop from dying from the all growth, at all costs mentality. Some of the stats are a bit horrifying. The Greens did not start out of saving the butterfly, or some nonsense, they started because of the burning rivers and brown skies we use to have.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:54 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
All their growth has just about ruin the drinking water, and have you see pictures of their air? They are going green not just to make money, but also to stop from dying from the all growth, at all costs mentality. Some of the stats are a bit horrifying. The Greens did not start out of saving the butterfly, or some nonsense, they started because of the burning rivers and brown skies we use to have.
Yeah, what horrible smog choked lives we had before we started funneling money into welfare for the rich.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Xenophon wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Yeah, what horrible smog choked lives we had before we started funneling money into welfare for the rich.
Yes, there was a lot more pollution back in the day. I don't know where you lived 30 years ago, but my lungs and eyes remember there was some serious smog in California, google up the stats, and pictures of 1970s and before. Yeech.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:28 pm

This is basically what Pittsburgh used to look like back in the day:

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:30 pm

And this is Pittsburgh in 1975:

Noticed that the water was once brown.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Pittsburgh, circa 2015:

Noticed that the water is now blue.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:45 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Yes, there was a lot more pollution back in the day. I don't know where you lived 30 years ago, but my lungs and eyes remember there was some serious smog in California, google up the stats, and pictures of 1970s and before. Yeech.
Maybe I just didn't hear about it, growing up in the Georgia backwoods. I've not yet topped 30.