Alex Jones - "C'mon man, I just play crazy on the Internet"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Alex Jones - "C'mon man, I just play crazy on the Internet"

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 am

I don't know Alex Jones, so this is total conjecture, but the kind of media he is engaged in, and the type of character he plays, seems like a an amplified version of who he really is. It is a very effective way to build a persona.

He could have spent his entire career just being a convincing heel... but that undermines the idea that he really believes any of the things he says, which I imagine would be a big disappointment to his fans. Even if they know the hyped up, red faced maniac routine is a bit of an act, the idea that what Jones says is true, and believed by the person saying it, is important.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 am

doc_loliday wrote:BTW, was that one Alex Jones guy on the DCF a sockpuppet? The one that predicted the end of the world? Was it you DB?
Was that the guy who had a huge sig of the twin towers and some text in it? Seem to recall he got mad at everyone and left.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 am

DBTrek wrote: Well, we humble entertainers live for nothing, if not to please the crowd:

I'm not saying I can drive more engagement in a thread in under 24 hours than ND can in four months . . . but . . .

I came here to talk about Alex Jones' amazing claim that he's been playing a role all these years. Read the OP. That's all I was after.

But if the ostracized ruffians want to bite their thumb at me, well, Benvolio, "What . . . drawn, and talk of peace?"
The Brexit thread has suffered from the same type of hijacking that you speak of with this thread.
Nuke really wanted to talk about Brexit but the usual suspects constantly try to divert it to their favourite ''Muslim hoards conquering Europe'' agenda.
There is plenty to still say about Brexit but the thread has just become toxic so no-one uses it unless it is to say something really dumb like ''bye Europe''.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:05 am

Did you guys know that Hulk Hogan isn't really named Hulk Hogan. Alex Jones might be named Alex Jones, but those two cats have a lot in common.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 am

doc_loliday wrote:BTW, was that one Alex Jones guy on the DCF a sockpuppet? The one that predicted the end of the world? Was it you DB?
No.
I only wish I could play the range of characters people give me credit for.
As surprising as it is, most of those crazy characters on DCF were crazy people.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:44 am

And once again DB starts a thread which should have dropped like a rock, yet flies like a stone.
:clap:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:51 am

ImageI like my iodine crystallized naturally from deep below the Peruvian Andes.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:59 am

I always thought AJ was a character, like Phil Hendrie. I also thought his fans were in on the joke.
Account abandoned.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:17 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:17 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:And once again DB starts a thread which should have dropped like a rock, yet flies like a stone.
:clap:
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!