Social Justice Warriors Thread

Fife

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:21 am

I don't know about you all but I get a hell out of a kick out of statist/Marxist lovers of gangster government getting the "Orange Man Bad" vapors.

He's a bad gangster, gimme muh good gangsters. :lol:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:11 am

Should be clear to most that there’s no “compromising” with marxists - either fight them off or split the country - just like a fucking plague, there is no living with them.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:36 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:55 am
Monte, where is the proof to back up your claims Trump was found guilty of discrimination?
The litigation he settled out of court when his discriminatory rental practices were exposed.
I don't suppose he would have settled if he thought he could win in court.
You said found guilty in court. Your original statement was a lie. Straight. Up. Lie. :naughty:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:16 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:39 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:02 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Monte, where is the proof to back up your claims Trump was found guilty of discrimination?
He’s not going to acknowledge you - He knows he can’t- so best to avoid or shift direction of thread - Like a good little radical marxist.
Already got Marxist on my cliche bingo card.
No one has called me a pedo for a while if you really have run out of arguments.
You never run out because you always make more shit up.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:21 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:36 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
The litigation he settled out of court when his discriminatory rental practices were exposed.
I don't suppose he would have settled if he thought he could win in court.
You said found guilty in court. Your original statement was a lie. Straight. Up. Lie. :naughty:
Things often get settled out of court, regardless of if you could win or not.

Seriously, you're being sued for $10mil, you are pretty certain you will win... but, they're going to fight, it's going to cost you 3-5 years in court, a team of lawyers at $3000/hr, which even at 1hr/day is $1mil per year, so 5 years in court is gonna run you $5mil anyways... You offer to settle for $1/2mil, no admission of guilt, they accept. Win/win - saves you money, saves the taxpayers money.

Here's the flip side to your statement, "I don't suppose he would have settled if he thought he could win in court."

...I don't suppose they would have accepted a settlement if they thought they could win in court.

See how that works both ways?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 pm

So the evidence to show he was discriminating is going to be discounted because he settled out of court?

Oh no, you got me. :think:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:03 pm

The FBI has released nearly 400 pages of records on an investigation the bureau conducted in the 1970s into alleged racial discrimination in the rental of apartments from President Donald Trump's real estate company.

The files detail dozens of interviews the bureau conducted with Trump building tenants, management and employees, seeking indications that minority tenants were steered away from housing complexes.

Most of those interviewed said they were not aware of any discrimination. However, some of the records recount the stories of black rental applicants who said they were told no apartments were available, while whites sent to check on the same apartments were offered leases.

The records, posted on the FBI's Freedom of Information Act website, include a 1974 interview with a former doorman at a Trump building in Brooklyn.

A supervisor "told me that if a black person came to 2650 Ocean Parkway and inquired about an apartment for rent, and he, that is [redacted] was not there at the time, that I should tell him that the rent was twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment," the ex-doorman said.Many of the accounts of discrimination appear to have originated with the National Urban League, which relayed the information to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division. Some of those complaints are barely legible, and many of the records are heavily redacted.

In October 1973, the Civil Rights Division filed a lawsuit against Trump Management Company, Donald Trump and his father Fred Trump, alleging that African-Americans and Puerto Ricans were systematically excluded from apartments. The Trumps responded with a $100 million countersuit accusing the government of defamation.

Donald Trump denied any racial discrimination, but said his managers tried to weed out certain kinds of tenants. “What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black," Trump wrote in a 1987 book.

The Trumps and their company entered into a consent decree settling the litigation in 1975. The agreement contained no admission of wrongdoing, but required the Trump firm to institute a series of safeguards to make sure apartments were rented without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-th ... ase-235067
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 pm
So the evidence to show he was discriminating is going to be discounted because he settled out of court?

Stop trying to change the rules of the game. You aren't fooling anyone here.

You discounted evidence against Omar because she hasn't been convicted. You established that as the requirement. You got caught lying when trying to make the conviction argument against Trump. So yes, we got you lying and being a poor partisan hack bitch.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Timely.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:42 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Stop trying to change the rules of the game. You aren't fooling anyone here.

You discounted evidence against Omar because she hasn't been convicted. You established that as the requirement. You got caught lying when trying to make the conviction argument against Trump. So yes, we got you lying and being a poor partisan hack bitch.

Omar hasn't even been charged.
Trump was charged, evidence was brought forward and he settled out of court and was bound to ensuring he didn't discriminate in the future.
So I was wrong about the conviction (not lying, unaware of the out of court settlement). It hardly proves that he doesn't have a racist bone in his body.
But yes, I was wrong, you got me.