Public School Education System Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 am

School District Refuses To Permit Parents To See LGBT Videos Students Were Forced To Watch

In a Pennsylvania school district, after roughly 2,800 students were forced to watch LGBT videos during LGBT "Unity Week" in April, parents and conservative activists asked the district to provide links to the videos so they could see what their children had watched.

The answer they got: no.

In the June 22 letter, attorney Richard Mast threatened a lawsuit under the state's "Right to Know" law if the school didn't cough up the links to the videos and all emails sent to the principal or the school's GSA adviser revolving around the issue.

Mast wrote, "It does not pass the straight face test for the District to claim it need not provide parents with the actual video links, although the District required more than 2,800 students to view these videos, with no prior notice to their parents, and no opportunity to opt-out. This is a gross violation of parental rights. The links to the videos are public records, notwithstanding claimed 'selection' of the videos by the ostensibly 'student-led' Gay-Straight Alliance ('GSA') as part of an alleged 'student project.' It would be convenient indeed if school districts could bypass all public records laws and parental notice and consent requirements for objectionable content, by finding a willing 'student group' to 'select' the material for them."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32639/sc ... nk-berrien
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:12 am

Fuck those government schools.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Imagine if the President steps on the gas on school choice in the coming year.

School choice is a very strong issue in the inner city.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:43 pm

FEE; check em out, gang.

What if We Treated Public Schools as Monopolies?
If monopolies are bad, then public schooling is possibly the worst kind of monopoly.

Many of my friends who defend public education are also the political type who are very worried about monopolies. They often point to the damage that companies with large market shares—think Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Google—can do. These friends point out how these companies’ large market presence allows them to squeeze out competitors, exploit employees, and hold customers captive.

Those points, of course, are debatable, but what really troubles me is that while these friends decry monopolies in commerce, they defend a huge monopoly: public schools. All the same criticisms should apply—but never seem to.
Read the whole thing.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:11 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:43 pm
FEE; check em out, gang.

If monopolies are bad, then public schooling is possibly the worst kind of monopoly.

Many of my friends who defend public education are also the political type who are very worried about monopolies. They often point to the damage that companies with large market shares—think Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Google—can do. These friends point out how these companies’ large market presence allows them to squeeze out competitors, exploit employees, and hold customers captive.

Those points, of course, are debatable, but what really troubles me is that while these friends decry monopolies in commerce, they defend a huge monopoly: public schools. All the same criticisms should apply—but never seem to.
Read the whole thing.
Great - more irony by the Left :yawn: Again - not surprising given that they want the state to be everyone parents....When you gonna learn Fife? You exist to serve the State....and the State exists to provide pension and gibs to "elites"....Good luck trying to reverse things....I won't hold my breadth....

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:31 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:11 am
Fife wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:43 pm
FEE; check em out, gang.

Read the whole thing.
Great - more irony by the Left :yawn: Again - not surprising given that they want the state to be everyone parents....When you gonna learn Fife? You exist to serve the State....and the State exists to provide pension and gibs to "elites"....Good luck trying to reverse things....I won't hold my breadth....
The left are eating their own, it may be easier to do than you think.

We may see another Reagan-type vote on Trump’s 2nd run if they keep doing this to themselves.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:38 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:31 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:11 am
The left are eating their own, it may be easier to do than you think.

We may see another Reagan-type vote on Trump’s 2nd run if they keep doing this to themselves.
You don't get it TC - there's no fixing the public schools at this point....I should qualify that as inner city public schools....some of the burb schools are still better than private institutions....but the schools for the masses are operating as intended by the Leftist elites...at this point, there's no fixing the damage generation after generation of feral (parentless) "students" has done to the system and the country at large....Fuck, CT won't even allow teachers to remove kids who physically assault the teacher and/or other students in class.

Lots of mindless proles who want gibs....

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:27 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:38 am

You don't get it TC - there's no fixing the public schools at this point....I should qualify that as inner city public schools....some of the burb schools are still better than private institutions....but the schools for the masses are operating as intended by the Leftist elites...at this point, there's no fixing the damage generation after generation of feral (parentless) "students" has done to the system and the country at large....Fuck, CT won't even allow teachers to remove kids who physically assault the teacher and/or other students in class.
That was my dad’s job: CT’s only physics enforcer. He broke up a lot of fights over his career. Sometimes he’d even have to go into somebody else’s classroom and establish order.
:royalty-queen:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:32 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:27 am
Zlaxer wrote:

That was my dad’s job: CT’s only physics enforcer. He broke up a lot of fights over his career. Sometimes he’d even have to go into somebody else’s classroom and establish order.

Yeah - well according to Malloy - your dad's a Biggot who likely handled minority kids rougher than white kids.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:47 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:32 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:27 am
Zlaxer wrote:

Yeah - well according to Malloy - your dad's a Biggot who likely handled minority kids rougher than white kids.
I don’t think there were many white kids in his school to rough up. That said, he thought most of the kids had no one who even cared enough to hit them a few shots. They were desperate for attention.
:royalty-queen: