Another School Shooting

Fife

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:03 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Fife wrote: Prior restraint is a hell of drug, doctor.

1. Why should you have the "right" to enter upon the public property to ply your trade, such as it is, on a normal weekday morning? Explain how you deserve your license to tread upon the public that way. Where is YOUR license to suck off the group in such a way, and how do you justify it?

2. Explain if you, personally, have a "right" to defend yourself and your family against violence. If you don't have such a "right," just say so.
Dude...

Did Cappy smoke you up?
LOL, dude.

Who is cappy?

Can you answer the questions I set out for you?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:What you described would not have stopped a determined shooter.
This kid should have been stopped by any reasonable background check system.
If this system didn't flag him it's because the system is fucked.

If you are behaving like a reasonable citizen and demonstrate knowledge of gun safety... you should be allowed a firearm.

There will still be shootings for sure... no way to prevent them all. As there will be MVAs and terrorism and crime...

But if you are obviously a menace to society and people have been calling in complaints about you repeatedly... your rights to a firearm should be forfeit.

Just Sayin'
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm

1. Why should you have the "right" to enter upon the public property to ply your trade, such as it is, on a normal weekday morning? Explain how you deserve your license to tread upon the public that way. Where is YOUR license to suck off the group in such a way, and how do you justify it?

2. Explain if you, personally, have a "right" to defend yourself and your family against violence. If you don't have such a "right," just say so.
Your first question makes no sense to me...
I have a medical licence if that is what you are asking...

Your second question - I have a right to defend myself...
But if I haven't demonstrated that I can handle a fire arm safely and that I am a reliable citizen that needn't include the use of a firearm, especially such a firearm as this kid was packing... but really any firearm.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Gotto go...
we'll chat more later

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:12 pm

DrYouth wrote:the system is fucked'
Woke

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:16 pm

DrYouth wrote:Your second question - I have a right to defend myself...
But if I haven't demonstrated that I can handle a fire arm safely and that I am a reliable citizen that needn't include the use of a firearm, especially such a firearm as this kid was packing... but really any firearm.
See in America the person has to demonstrate that they can't handle a firearm safely before they take their rights away, it's not on them to demonstrate they can handle it safely or they don't get the privilege.

It's not Canada bro, the burden of proof is on you if you want that kids right to bear arms taken away, not the other way around. If you can't prove your case for more gun control beyond a reasonable doubt, then don't expect them to jump on board with restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. It's not on them to prove your suggested way isn't better, it's on you to prove their way isn't better, it's in their constitution ffs, you've got an uphill battle, maybe just try some more restrictions and see if they work, that ain't gonna cut it south of the border.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:18 pm

DrYouth wrote:

Your first question makes no sense to me...
I have a medical licence if that is what you are asking...

Your second question - I have a right to defend myself...
1. That's not the license I'm talking about. Otherwise, I can type the question out for you, but I can't make you understand it.

2. Better call 911 early and often, I guess. Good luck.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:14 pm

The right to self defence, or security of the person as it is termed in the charter, is not linked to a firearm, if you happened to have a firearm at hand, you have to right to use it as an expedient measure, in order to own one tho, you need to pass a background check, pay $100, and take a one day handling and safety course.

If you want an AR15, that's an extra $100 for a second day "advanced" handling and safety course.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 pm

When you go for your restricted classification in Canada, to wit, automatic weapons permit, you generally do it over a weekend, Saturday is level one FAC, come back Sunday and do level two FAC. On Monday you go and buy the AR15.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Haumana wrote:
DrYouth wrote: lose their right to drive a vehicle.
There is no such right though.
Which is why this is so messed up...

That some messed up kid like this, who can't meet the basic expectations of high school, and repeatedly fails to respect the rights of others, should have the right to a firearm.

Why should this meatball have that right?

It make no sense to me...
If law enforcement had done their job he'd have been stripped of that right, likely, but they failed, as usual, which is why the rest of us aren't on board with giving up our rights and hoping they'll protect us.

Y'all heard it was four cops outside afraid to go in?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751