Another School Shooting

clubgop

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I say no more cars for nosy leafs. That's a dangerous privilege, and you don't need it.
I don't think everyone should drive a car either...
Epileptics, blind people, people with neurodegenerative diseases...
Driving is a privilege.
You need to demonstrate the discipline and the skill to operate a vehicle safely.
It's called a drivers licence for which you have to pass a relatively challenging test.
Ask your 16 year old. I failed my first time around... for good reason, because I wasn't really taking it seriously.

What test did this fucked up chump have to pass?
First time a guy fires cars from his Vegas hotel room at attendees to a music festival 300 yds away we can have a discussion about how cars are just like bullets fired from a gun.
Same if some kid uses one to go from classroom to classroom killing children at random.
Until either happens we can stop making this stupid cars = guns argument.
:roll: Emotional bitch is getting wrecked.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:08 pm

DBTrek wrote:But ... but ... the cars weren’t shot out of a window in Vegas.
And that really means something profound, to people who just want you to stop owning things they’re uncomfortable with.
I'm not uncomfortable with guns.

I like guns.

I just don't want kids like this one who can't get through a school year without bragging about being the next school shooter picking them up the way he could pick up a candy bar.

If you want a gun... I want you to have to pass a test on gun safety and want you to have to someone attest to your reliability as a citizen... a basic reference check.

I have no problems with reliable citizens having guns... as well as driving vehicles.

But people who are obviously disturbed should lose that right...

Just like people who have too many traffic violations lose their right to drive a vehicle.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 pm

DrYouth wrote: lose their right to drive a vehicle.
There is no such right though.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Haumana wrote:
Which is why this is so messed up...

That some messed up kid like this, who can't meet the basic expectations of high school, and repeatedly fails to respect the rights of others, should have the right to a firearm.

Why should this meatball have that right?

It make no sense to me...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:36 pm

DrYouth wrote: Which is why this is so messed up...

That some messed up kid like this, who can't meet the basic expectations of high school, and repeatedly fails to respect the rights of others, should have the right to a firearm.

I am not sure what "repeatedly fails to respect the rights of others," means.

There is a mechanism to change the right to bear arms and it is through a Constitutional Convention. I haven't heard much call for that though. It might be a bit messy but I wouldn't consider it messed up. Name one country that doesn't have a bit of messy on the fringes.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:48 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Haumana wrote:

I don't disagree with you, but you have to see this stuff to be believed. This Sheriff is a political fuck and that lynch mob CNN set up in light of things they knew were b.s.. The narrative has flipped. The left here have overplayed their hand. The whole time they called NRA and innocent civilians gun owners murders many of them knew that 4
Sheriffs deputies were on site and did nothing. You expect me to disarm so those cowards can protect me while calling me a murderer. Fuck you, you get nothing. You lose, good day sir.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:49 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Haumana wrote:

What you described would not have stopped a determined shooter.

So what the fuck are you actually trying to accomplish that doesn't just put onerous rules on actual law abiding citizens?

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 pm

clubgop wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Haumana wrote:

I don't disagree with you, but you have to see this stuff to be believed. This Sheriff is a political fuck and that lynch mob CNN set up in light of things they knew were b.s.. The narrative has flipped. The left here have overplayed their hand. The whole time they called NRA and innocent civilians gun owners murders many of them knew that 4
Sheriffs deputies were on site and did nothing. You expect me to disarm so those cowards can protect me while calling me a murderer. Fuck you, you get nothing. You lose, good day sir.
Oh yea, I forgot that part.

The cops are more than willing to gun down some guy begging for his life in a hotel but an actual shooter and suddenly they are no where to be seen.

Who the fuck is supposed to protect me anyways if not me?

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:53 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Prior restraint is a hell of drug, doctor.

1. Why should you have the "right" to enter upon the public property to ply your trade, such as it is, on a normal weekday morning? Explain how you deserve your license to tread upon the public that way. Where is YOUR license to suck off the group in such a way, and how do you justify it?

2. Explain if you, personally, have a "right" to defend yourself and your family against violence. If you don't have such a "right," just say so.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Fife wrote: Prior restraint is a hell of drug, doctor.

1. Why should you have the "right" to enter upon the public property to ply your trade, such as it is, on a normal weekday morning? Explain how you deserve your license to tread upon the public that way. Where is YOUR license to suck off the group in such a way, and how do you justify it?

2. Explain if you, personally, have a "right" to defend yourself and your family against violence. If you don't have such a "right," just say so.
Dude...

Did Cappy smoke you up?