Net Neutrality

nmoore63

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:12 pm

heydaralon wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:So is the sum argument against my solution:

"holding my government accountable and fighting corruption is too hard"

?

How's that going for you so far? The Koch's are doing a good job, but we can't all contribute the way they do.
Have you not been paying attention?

Its working out great for the consumers where I live.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They just don't have any good argument to defend this. Snark and nonsense is all they can muster. It's obvious at this point.
At least you've surrendered on your ALL DATA IS EQUAL insanity.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 pm

One group says nothing is going to change, the other says the internet as we know it is going away forever.

All we can do now is wait. Let's say the consumer experience doesn't change, ie, you can still access the entire internet, and women can still get abortions or whatever, how long do we have to wait before people should say that their reactions were overblown or not?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:14 pm

YODA SIGHTING IN THE LAST JEDI

SPOILER: The movie, like all star wars, sucks
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:15 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:So is the sum argument against my solution:

"holding my government accountable and fighting corruption is too hard"

?

How's that going for you so far? The Koch's are doing a good job, but we can't all contribute the way they do.

What ISP do you use?
Shikata ga nai

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:15 pm

doc_loliday wrote:One group says nothing is going to change, the other says the internet as we know it is going away forever.

All we can do now is wait. Let's say the consumer experience doesn't change, ie, you can still access the entire internet, and women can still get abortions or whatever, how long do we have to wait before people should say that their reactions were overblown or not?
Oh I am confident Comcast is going to continue fucking over consumers... but they were doing that before.

(but that is one of the lost aspects of this in all REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... this wasn't deciding whether or not to put the dog down... this can just as easily be reversed next year...)

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:15 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Well, you at least being honest about wanting more money. I don't think that will be good for the consumers, but whatever. Don't piss down my back and tell me its rain though. This aint gonna lead to a free market for ISPs. In fact, most people on this board would be fine with ending Net Neutrality if there was healthy competition and many different options for internet. The revocation is more of a bad thing.
I simply do not rally around the Democrat party base for a shriekfest, simply because the Republicans repealed a counterproductive regulation. That doesn't mean I am opposed to local loop unbundling to free you from Comcast, when the Democrats actually do that, let me know, but this regulatory virtue signalling to Obama's base which the GOP just repealed, had nothing to do with that.
“My local government gave Comcast an ISP monopoly and now Netflix doesn’t get to freely hog the lion’s share of bandwidth by Federal mandate! How are cities not burning?!?!”

Don’t you get what’s happened here Smitty? The locally mandated ISP monopoly doesn’t have to give content producing bandwidth hogs free subsidies! This effects all of us. Fuck, don’t they have Twitter in Canada?!?!

:lol:
Oh I get what's going on, because the Liberals here play the exact same game as the Democrats do, the only difference here, is that Cuckservatives play along with it instead of repealing this stupid shit when they have the chance.
Nec Aspera Terrent

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:16 pm

heydaralon wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

What ISP do you use?
I use iFiber.

But there are 15 ISP choices where I live.

http://www.grantpud.org/customer-servic ... -providers

And no COMCAST for some reason.

Turns out their service is so shitty nobody will buy it under a competitive environment.
Last edited by nmoore63 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Hence there's no reason to shriek about them being "literally Hitler" simply because they shot down Obama's phony baloney regulation. I'm not telling you to vote Republican, but in terms of this regulatory virtue signalling being repealed, it does nothing to adversely effect me, and it doesn't warrant the absurd sky is falling hysteria being whipped up as a partisan cudgel neither, so I'm just calling bullshit on bullshit, regardless of whether Blue Team or Red Team peddling it.
Who is saying literally hitler? People can complain about shitty laws and bought out leaders without Goodwin's Law being invoked.
The Obama law was a shitty law, I'm not complaining about shitty laws being repealed, why are you?
Was not a law.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:21 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Who is saying literally hitler? People can complain about shitty laws and bought out leaders without Goodwin's Law being invoked.
The Obama law was a shitty law, I'm not complaining about shitty laws being repealed, why are you?
Was not a law.
Whatever, regulatory malpractice within the confines of an existing law, six of one half dozen of another.
Nec Aspera Terrent